Help estimate my UAI it doesnt look good!! (1 Viewer)

Help with my UAI prediction

• will i get in the 70s

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Do u think im going to stuff up badly

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Tammy

:( Please let me know any estimate for my UAI
order subject, trial mark, assesment mark, overall rank

English(stand)- 52% , 63/100, 27/93

general maths- 51%, 53/100, 19/62

senior science, 76%, 71/100, 4/23

business studies- 63%, 73/100, 13/40

pd/h/pe- 52%, 58/100, 9/17

studies of religion (1u)- 70%, 34/50, 21/60

im hoping to get in the 70s at least...i didnt stuayd for my trials but i have studied my butt off for the hsc does that count???
Thank u:confused:

Tammy

please someone reply rather than answer my poll!! and spelling mistake above its suppose to be study (stuady)

mememe

Your ranks are all above average so it should be ok. You can get in the 70's if you go well in your HSC exams, but realllllly try to fix english bwcause that HAS to count no matter what.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Lift your game with:

English (Standard)
General Mathematics
PDHPE

Looking at the mid to low 50s.

I can't say you'll be in the 60s, sorry.

Tammy

Hey whatever your name huy or we.. you really are the only person who has said its hard for me to even get the the sixties what do you think u are some smart individual who can go around and give ppl bad judgements and im not only speaking about my self...Get over yourself and stop making people stressed out and im not trying to be rude, thank u for ur opinion but you really have to relax and dont be so straight forward not only with me but the rest of the students this isnt exactly the best time in thier life...!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Ouch!

I'll have to refrain from coming back to UAI/HSC Marks - Guidance & Counsel from now on.
you really are the only person who has said its hard for me to even get the the sixties
1. Subject selections

English Standard
General Mathematics
Senior Science
PDHPE

Scaling of Courses
http://boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php

19.1 English (Standard)
20.3 General Mathematics
20.3 Senior Science
23.7 Personal Development; Health and Physical Education

They don't scale too well, you only have to look at the 2001 and 2002 list of scaled means for HSC courses to find that out.

I'm not too sure, but they look like they're less than 25/50, do you mind checking for me?

2. With marks between the Bands 2 to Band 4, prior to any scaling, alignment or moderation, they will eventually be reduced to Band 2's and Band 3's. (This is my assumption, and I admit this).

Band 1 - Less than 50%
Band 2- 50-60%
Band 3 - 60-70%

3. I said that you will be in the mid to low 50s, but I am not saying that it is impossible for you to even break the 60.00 UAI barrier.

I am saying, that from what you have given me (statistics and numbers), I'm placing you in the mid to low 50's, be that 50.x or 55.x - there are outliers involved.

4. Only one person has voted for:
"will i get in the 70s" (See the poll), and there are still plenty of voters to come, so the balance of power there will and can change, or it may remain at 50:50, who knows.

No, I don't think "I am some smart individual..." but I let others decide that. I'm average, I'm not spectacular by any means.

I didn't pass judgement on you, or even give "ppl bad judgements". I am only giving you a prediction and estimated UAI, which was what you asked for, I believe. I'll even quote you:
:( Please let me know any estimate for my UAI
Get over yourself and stop making people stressed out
I'm not stressing people out, how am I doing that if I'm going around giving my honest UAI prediction?

Do you think that I am not stressed out myself?
Don't think for a second that I'm not as stressed out as you are, if not more so! (this is not a measure of intelligence, I never said that at all).

If I went around telling people "90, 95, 100" then who am I kidding? Sure, it would make them feel a lot better, but I don't believe in offering others a false sense of security, so they can think:

"Huy gave me a prediction of 100, I dont have to study anymore... let's bludge now! *parties*"
you really have to relax and dont be so straight forward
If I'm answering 10, 20, or 30+ posts, I believe I've earnt the right to be "straight forward" and oftentimes a little hasty and fast with my posts, because people want a quick answer, and they don't want people sitting around "playing with a calculator" to figure out an aggregate or a predicted UAI, for complete strangers "free of charge" and out of the goodness of his/her own heart.
not only with me but the rest of the students this isnt exactly the best time in thier life
Have you checked to see which grade I'm in?

I'm also part of the 2003 HSC candidature and Year 12 cohort. Thank you. :(

I'll go off and have the "best time of my life" feeling "stress-free" because that was what you had said, by implication.

"Get over yourself and stop making people stressed out"
"this isnt exactly the best time in thier life"

If anyone disagrees with a <60 UAI prediction, say so because I'm getting agitated (not at this thread, but it has stirred me somewhat).

I will say this one last time. From what you have given me, 50-55 UAI is where I would place you.

If you want 60-65, then anything is possible but never did I say "You wont ever receive 60, too bad so sad".

This is what I said:
Originally posted by Huy
Looking at the mid to low 50s.
I can't say you'll be in the 60s, sorry.
Although I should have added: "From the information given, it can be deduced that..."

:rolleyes:

I've never had anybody respond like you have Tammy to any of my posts. Nobody has ever had a problem with the way I post or even the contents of my posts (unless it is in Non-School, which is where such "stupid" posts belong).

I'm sorry you feel that way, because if you were expecting to have an estimate of >60 or >65, then who's cheating who? I'm only trying to be helpful in giving "guidance and counselling" as this forum suggests, and if you still think I'm being harsh on you, then maybe this isn't the place for me!

Edit
If I sounded pissed off, that's because I am, or rather, "was".

I took offence at your post, but I did read one line and it made me consider/think:
im not trying to be rude
* Whatever your name is...
* You're the only person that...
* What, do you think you're some smart... who can go around... giving people bad judgements
* Get over yourself
* Stop making people stressed out
* You really have to relax
* ....not only with me but the rest of the students/BOSers
* This isn't exactly the best time in our lives.

They were the lines/sentences which got me upset, not particularly FURIOUS (as I can get, if pushed too far...)

*goes to the IT forum*

:) :)

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Tammy
Hey whatever your name huy or we.. you really are the only person who has said its hard for me to even get the the sixties what do you think u are some smart individual who can go around and give ppl bad judgements and im not only speaking about my self...Get over yourself and stop making people stressed out and im not trying to be rude, thank u for ur opinion but you really have to relax and dont be so straight forward not only with me but the rest of the students this isnt exactly the best time in thier life...!
Huy is more than correct in this situation. This place is meant for opinions. You came to this forum hoping for a UAI prediction. And thus you received one, whether it's accurate or not is up to you to decide whether or not to believe.

Please do not go around telling people that you don't like their predictions. People are giving up their time to provide the help they believe is accurate.

Someone stated you will get 70's. That makes you feel happy, then Huy says 50's. Just because his prediction is lower does that mean he is wrong? Does that mean he is wrong?

No it does not, he is simply giving you a prediction of what he believes is right. You are not necesarrily forced to believe anything.

As for what I think, I believe you would probably get in the high 50's.

As Huy correctly stated,

They don't scale too well
And you are not performing that particularly well in it either. With a terrific exam performance you'd probably just make to the 60's, but I definitely can't guarantee your 70's.

Next time please try to be nice to all the people who try to give up their time to help you. Huy obviously had no intention to cause you trouble, he is simply stating what he believes.

I'm sure you wouldn't like helping someone and then being totally ungrateful for their efforts. Would you?

CypriotStallion

Hey Tammy, i had a friend who was in year 12 last year doin nearly all the same subjects as you, except advanced english and maths...
her marks werent too crash hot, but she got 75... they were about the same as yours, but in order for you to achieve this mark, you will have to lift your english and maths a hell of a lot, and perform well in your other subjects...

with only 1 week left before exams, im confident that if you crammed your ass of you can get over 70, and close to 75, but her thats my opinion and you can believe what you want, but its not too late to study and go well, it just depends how much you want it and how motivated you are!!!

and then again if you study your ass of and you dont get the mark you want, at least you know that you studied your hardest and that was your best : )

wish you all the best.!!

Tammy

Thanx heaps CypriotStallion its just that with all this scalling stuff that Huy spoke about i really feel like i wont even go well... ive studied heaps and i will continue doing just that.. thanx heaps for your advice its given me some hope:)

CypriotStallion

Well if you have a look at the way in which subjects are scaled, most of the time the people who get scaled down are the people who get under average. its all in the bell curve, if you can go better then average then, ur marks wont be scaled down that much. since like all subjects usually get scaled down a bit...
but so yeh boosting ur marks just a bit can make a really big difference...

Huy

HSC
N/A
I guess I'm more of a technical person...I could have been more 'friendly' (it's kind of hard to do when you've got a million things to do, all at the same time)

:)

Tammy

Well how about this... if my grade is pretty low in terms with marks, with that scale me down heaps... im above average for everything...but the average isnt high would this mean that because of my grade ill be scaled down heaps....im concerned... :(

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If you know that your school marks hard/has hard exams, and as a result achieved poor marks, then you don't need to worry too much as long as you know the rest of your class will do well in the HSC exam, as well as you.

You can say that the HSC exam is now a 'Team Effort'.

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
What school do you go to? How well does it generally go?

Your ranks arent that bad.

Depending on various factors it can range from 60 to 70s. The main problem is standard english, which im afraid will have to count and scaled pretty low.

having said that, it all depends on how you will do in the final 50%, if you do really well in that, then getting 70 won't be a problem.

Tammy

Well my school isnt in the top 120 and generally most of the grade performs poorly... you have about 70 students who really want to go well while the rest of the year...100, do not really care. in terms with marking yeah some teachers mark pretty hard and sometimes the exams are fairly difficult!:mad:

Winston

HSC
Tammy, really don't ask for an estimate, believe in yourself, i try my best to avoid this section of the forum lol... i see all these bloody freaks who's coming first for every subject, and is in panic mode i'm like what the?!, If you believe in yourself you'll do good, now don't worry who ever predicted it for you, or else it might de-motivate you from studies, anyways, good luck with your exams, i'm sure you'll reach your goal.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Now I am by no means taking sides here.......but here's a suggestion.
take everyone's advise from this thread EVEN HUY'S if u think he was harse.....and go nd decide how much u want ur marks in the 70's, and then if u want it bad enuf 2 sacrifice a lot of hours in this last week/couple of days.
Don't come back on here (not that i dont want u 2, just study should b priority number 1).

At the end of the day, I really believe u should look at all perspectives here.......as even if u think Huy had harse critisism u should u that as motivation 2 prove him wrong maybe?

Success relies on 1% inspiration and 99% PERSPIRATION!

Roors

HSC
Tammy's here after a sychophant....someone to tell her what she wants to hear...but thats not how life is.

I agree with Huy over ur predicted marks...i have a friend who did better subjects, went considerably well and got 70 exactly.....sorry...but from experience Huy is spot on (once again)
BUT of course u can prove all all wrong...just GOODLUCK and for now stop worrying about these predictions...use the time to study all u can (like i should talk...look where i am)
Goodluck

Rand

Tammy, Shut the fcuk up!
You asked for an opinion, and Huy gave you his!

Just cause you dont like what he wrote doesnt mean that Huy is stressing you out, or that he thinks he's great ok?

Tammy

why dont you shut the fcuk up i dont care what u have to say..... me and huy got over it, that was so yesterday....so why dont you get off your high horse and get over it...arse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)