help! factors affecting performance assignment (1 Viewer)

orcachik

HSC
hey everyone
i have this assignment to do the question is
Using triathlon as a sport (swim-1km, cycle-40km, run-10km)

A) Discuss the types of training that would be utilized to improve the performance of an athlete in this sport
B) Apply the principles of training to each of the training types

if any of you could help me out a little it would be heaps appreciated ay, im strugglin

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
Be more specific with your questions or it seems as if you're looking for an easy way of getting through an otherwise difficult assessment. Look for information in either the HSC textbooks and there should be many triathlon training guides/manuals out there.

Lise M

HSC
go for your syllabus, check out all the types of energy systems and which ones ur looking at with triathlon, aerobic for example, then look at ways of improving this factor. Then look at the nutrition side of things and go though and set ways of improving diet for the long races eg carbo loading etc. you can only get ,marks for talking about those specifc things. So split everything up into little factors to maximise ur marks and don't mention anything that isn't on ur syllabus it wont help trust me

Kell.xox

HSC
yeah...and use each specific area of training and apply it seperately; specificity, variety, reversibility, threshholds etc. then maybe hit on types of training like strength, flexibility and aerobic and go into your fartlek....etc.. you just have to break it down gradually and work your way through...the assessment isn't that hard. use your syllabus as a guidline and apply.
:wave: good luck champ

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
before i begin... i did an exact same task as yours... applied to triathlon training... got 37/40... its alright... but i dunt like pd much...

A) Discuss the types of training that would be utilized to improve the performance of an athlete in this sport
- well in this you'd obviously discuss the types of training "relevant" to a triathelete, e.g. continuous training, interval training...
- discuss the need for "THRESHOLD" training... thats almost vital!!! lol... somewhere in ur assessment discuss the role of Threshold training please!!!!

B) Apply the principles of training to each of the training types
thats pretty simple... applying progressive overload, give an example... reversibility e.g. of a traithelete not continuing to train during there off season....
Variety!!! thats heaps important.. discuss the need to swim in open pools, the ocean, indoor pools etc.... link that to psychologically prepared e.g. as in "mastering" the visualisation and mental rehearsal... using all 5 senses (vividness)

P.S. There are triathlon magazines out there... buy like 2 copies and read thru them, it has excellent information on training, strength training, techniques etc... just make sure to source them... for some reason i find that pd is the hardest subject to source from... like i constructed my own diagram... and he thought i plagiarised it from somewhere... unless ur teacher is a real PLAGIARISM FREAK... u'll b fine :)

if u need other questions.... shout me a holler on this thread... is there questions about what energy systems are used during the event? How psychology affects performance... and something about skill rate acquisition, physical performance...????

hope this helped!

BLESSD

BD
HSC
hey everyone, l got an assignment question, and l need some help. the first parts easy, but the second it a bit difficuly. it goes
How can an athlete train to improve the ATP/PC and lactic acid system?

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
threshold training... training in the anaerobic threshold zone... the more the athlete trains in this... the more benefical it becomes as the athlete is able to physically adapt to the needs of the training.... so there aerobic threshold will increase as will there anaerobic threshold... thus meaning.. an efficient ATP/PC system and Alactacid system.....

correct me if im wrong... and i just did that in real vague and basic terms... look into it... u'll find it under threshold training, training zones etc.... :)

hope that helped?

timm

HSC
Re:can some one help me with my pd assemnt

the question "discuss each of the principles of training, using the sport of triathlon to illustrate your understanding" some one help plz..:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek:

thanks heaps :):):wave:

timm

HSC
hey um does any 1 ahve any information on the sprot of triathlon.. how the principles of training apply to it thanks... urgent

fleebs

HSC
Can someone please please help me!! i have this assesment... the 3rd question having so much trouble with.
the type of strength needed and how it can be developed in a game of netball? :confused: ]

if someone could help that would be so appreciated :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)