Help for a prescribed speech question!! (1 Viewer)

zlemura

HSC
I'm seriously confused as to how to structure a Module B essay in the case of a speech being prescribed. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone was able to give me advice on speeches that work well together (i.e. Keating and Sadat and Pearson)

Sorry in advance if this does not make sense to anyone :)

Thanks

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on the question, cases will be different if they specify a particular quote/paragraph from a speech-and ask you to say discuss its significance and relate it to other speeches, in that case, the specified quote/speech-don't need to constitute its separate paragraphs, but rather you can interweave ideas that can be drawn out from that except into your discussion of the concerns of two other speeches-to be honest-try to make as many links as possible-what speeches works well together often is interrelated by its subject matter-So I think your trio combination is pretty good, I have also given some recommendations in my guide-it is near the end of the guide to save you some reading time-so feel free to check that out when you have time:) http://community.boredofstudies.org...-speeches-2015-2020-99-atar-hsc-graduate.html

However, when the speech question includes a specified speech and discuss in relation to say one other speech, the approach you should take is
Idea 1
Paragraph 1: Prescribed
Paragraph 2: another speech

Idea 2:
Paragraph 1: Prescribed
Paragraph 2: another speech-can be the same speech in paragraph 2 or a completely different speech-up to you

Hope it helped a bit:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)