help - for GP one member wont even turn up (1 Viewer)

keesh

HSC
N/A
my GP group consists of three people...and one member wont even turn up to class or rehersal....we made a contract and she has broken it six times. Tried contacting our teacher, but we cant get through and we are performing straight after the holidays for public audience. Can anyone suggest our options? We have already thought of
a) killing her
b) kicking her out of the group and training a year 11 person to play her role
c) letting her look bad on stage, but let the judges know she has done NOTHING

our performance and concept is extremely strong, with well-developed characters, with good feedback from teachers and students, but we cant rehearse and polish it when one member does nothing, not even attempting to learn her lines and cues. AND HER SHE FORGOT HER COSUTME ON THE FIRST PERFORMANCE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
:evilwhip: :burn: :worried: (sorry steaming out here)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
a number of groups at our school are having the same problem. Stick to the contract, if she has signed it then you have every right to use it against her.. keep ringing her when she doesnt turn up and if u happen to see her outside the drama class (in other classes or at lunch) then have a harsh word to her. let her know shes letting ALOT of people down. get your teacher to have a word to her too. she needs sorting out - so do everything you can to sort her out (preferably without having to turn to violence!!)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oh no thats gotta suck...if i were in your shoes i would kick her out, but im guessing that should be a last resort. seriously though, you've gotta get your teacher in on whats happening. the principal etc can do something about members of gps who dont contribute. and see if you can knock some sense into her head as well, even if you have to tie her down and threaten her with rusty razors, make sure she knows she HAS to turn up. she made a commitment, she has to stick by it. or else she may as well not be doing the hsc at all.

al_87

HSC
we had that problem with a group thing last year, and tho not to the same degree, a little bit this year as well....basically, we gave that person a character that could be molded by the other characters, if that makes sense. like, nothing they did could really screw up the point of the piece. not very useful when you already have a peice, but might help... :)

niteshade1312

HSC
Make them a dead body, because then at least they'll be on stage and if they can pull it off, they will get some marks.

steffo

steph
HSC
sue her for all she's worth.
but the year 11 student thing would be worth looking into i think. it's very very difficult when you have a few committed people and one fartface who just wont turn up.
she might have good reasons, or she might not, so it is good to get your teacher involved.
and honestly, you can always appeal. if u have had a lot of trouble from this perons, u can appeal. even if you dont think u need to- you do. always err on the side of caution.
appealing is there for you to use. let someone else make the decision of whether u are worthy of it or not. if u have any doubt in your mind about the fairness of your situation, then appeal your brains out.
good luck with her anyway. thats heaps shit.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
I would choose A...kill her...cause u could just drag the body around the stage.

But i know how u feel. Unfortantly i'm in a group of 6 & 8 out of 10 times there is at least one person away. :(

erin88

San Diago which in german means a whales vagina
HSC
if she has breached the contract on more than one occasion you should kick her out and try to train a year 11 student up, don't get rid of her till you have your young one all sorted out. You should demand you teacher to do something about it because that is bull, this is your final performance for high school you should be enjoying yourself not letting a selfish individual bring your piece down. Approach her and ask for a valid explanation if she cant give you one boot her up the *&^%# good luck!!!!! :)

Gummy_bear

HSC
i remember something happening to a group a couple of years ago. because the person never turned up, the group just didnt write a part for them and they ended up, in the performance, just standing at the back of the stage the whole time. another group turned the person into someone who dies in the first 2 minutes and stayed there the whole time. although these are drastic measures.
the thing you must remember is that you are being marked individually, the examiners will notice that this person doesnt know anything. id suggest that the rest of you practice and make your performance great, but have back up plans for if the person stuffs up because they dont know anything, allocate another person with the non-showing-up-persons lines in case they forget it.
and, if it all gets too much, tell your teacher, really, they can at least talk top this person and warn them.
Good luck and remember, as long as the rest of you are good and can keep the performance running, all will be good.

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
Give her the part of the pot plant, and put her in the corner, and during a climatic scene, someone can kick her.

Either that or option A.

cayte

When I was in year 11 I was asked to stand in for someone for their group performance. I only had a week or two (I can't remember why I was needed, it was five years ago) and it was stressful for all of us, so if you're going to go down that path don't leave it late. It will put the wind up your slacker too, I'm pretty sure when it finally came to the day the girl I was replacing turned up and did her bit.

Alaranth

CORPSE HER!!!
That's what we've been told to do in that case, though only as a last resort. Corpsing a person is what has already been sugested, making a person into something inanimate, a corpse or a tree or a log, something that doesn't matter in the slightest, so even if they don't turn up on the day, you can just pretend they're there.
The way it works in my class is:
-Talking to from group
-Severe talking to from group
-Talking to from teacher
-Talking to from group and teacher
-First N award warning
-Talking to from teacher and head teacher
-2nd N award warning
-Talking to from head teacher and Principal
-Corpsing
-If the group is larger than 3 (so any group but mine), N award and kicked out of performance.
Any of those an option?

Gummy_bear

HSC
a firend of mine also suggested just giving her a script on the day of the examination, so at least you dont have to worry about her forgetting any lines, and only she will get marked down for that. of course, you may also have to write any blocking on her script as well, so she doesnt run into any of you.

niteshade1312

HSC
SEE I TOLD YOU... MAKE THEM A CORPSE!! They are on stage, dont have to say anything and if they look realistic they will get marks.. I'd also guilt treatment them, tney are letting you down as well as themsleves.

kristie87

HSC
keesh said:
my GP group consists of three people...and one member wont even turn up to class or rehersal....we made a contract and she has broken it six times. Tried contacting our teacher, but we cant get through and we are performing straight after the holidays for public audience. Can anyone suggest our options? We have already thought of
a) killing her

our performance and concept is extremely strong, with well-developed characters, with good feedback from teachers and students, but we cant rehearse and polish it when one member does nothing, not even attempting to learn her lines and cues. AND HER SHE FORGOT HER COSUTME ON THE FIRST PERFORMANCE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
I know exactly how you feel...
We're a group of 4 with one being simply not interested in turning up or doing anything. It's the end of term 2...and we still don't have a performance because of whats been going on. I suppose it's lucky we actually have some ideas to build a performance from, but with the incooperative attitude and disinterest from this "member", who essentially shouldn't even be regarded as a member, the rest of us are finding it extremely difficult to get anywhere, so now we're kind of taking matters into our own hands, and we're being prepared for the worst that this person won't even turn up on the actual performance date, because it's entirely possible at the present moment in time.

So, yeh, it's kinda tragic.

kitcho

HSC
We had a similar problem

Apart from the N determination thing, one possible solution. If its not on a script then make the piece not including her, and If she turns up on the exam date tell her to lie on the floor and pretend to be a persian rug.
If it is scripted, then tell her to be away on the night and get someone to read in.

Good Luck

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
keesh said:
a) killing her

So??? Have you done anything about it since? Have you told her to pull her finger out & start helping or u will fail ur HSC?

keesh

HSC
N/A
ahh the drama...

heres whats happened over the past few days:

myself and the other member (melissa) called up the other girl and told her that if she doesnt start turning up to class we were thinking of kicking her out. She went off at us saying we never gave her a chance and dont trust her and we have purposely alienated her from the group and taken over, we told her that we were having another meeting on sunday, all we were asking was for one or two hours of her 'precious time'. she was like nah cant theres a party on sunday...and hung up.

sunday came around melissa and i were at the shops buying lunch...we had been practicing all morning and were planning to keep practicing all afternoon...and hoping that she 'may' turn up. At the shops we saw her walking towards us. She glares in out direction then says defensively 'im only here to pick up a friend alrite?!' and proceeds to storm off.
back at melissas house we decided to call the teacher....things were getting desperate. We told him that we really wanted to train a year 11er, because she wasnt speaking to us and she just doesnt give a damn. He said 'no, no thats a last resort, keep trying to work with her' :hammer: i think he feels sorry for her somehow.... :headbang:

so not much else can be done right now....but we HAVE assigned her the role of a person in a coma....which means she is just a body half the time....

thanks for the suggestions and help guys....its nice to know that there are ppl out there who understand..... :gridnod:

niteshade1312

HSC
That Melissa girls sounds like the most selfish person I have ever heard of. How could you let the rest of your group work, while you sat on your arse 'picking up a friend'. Tell her to pick up her game, because not only is she going to pull your group down, but her own rank, marks, the class average and then the year.

I can't believe that someone can be like that.. we are all suppose to be in it together and there she goes doing absolutely nothing.. Doesn't she feel guilty to any exent.. wait a tick, she doesn't because she is doing this to you!

I hope you and your friend go okay, and dont let her stuff you up!

kristie87

HSC
OMG!

That's like EXACTLY the same thing we're going through!!! that is soo quirky!

We have to come in in the 2nd week of the hols because we still have nothing. And its so annoying. you try and get the others motivated to do something about this, but noone responds to your text messages or your emails except for one person whose keen, but you can't tell them 'yeh lets get together' because you can't get in touch with anyone else.

I hate this whole GP.

ROAR!!! Argh, this is making me so frustrated and so mad.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)