HELP!!!! Germany (1 Viewer)

jezzybum

HSC
Hey all,
i have an assessment on Germany coming up and my question is :
Trace the rise of the Nazi party from 1919-1933. Explain Hitlers importance in the rise to power of the Nazi party. i have heaps of info on the collapse of the wiemar republic but barely anything on the rise of Nazism. Please help!!!!:confused:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
a lot of the 'collapse of weimar' stuff overlaps with the rise of nazism/hitler.

btw, type in nazi party rise in google, and you'll get loads of info. when you need info fast, the first two places to look: google, wikipedia. the internet really does have it all.

a brief outline: :)
- NSDAP was originally DAP: founded by Anton Drexler
- hitler joined the party in....1919 i think? or perhaps 1920. he was in charge of propaganda
- hitler quickly became a leading member and then was appointed chairman in 1921. he established a dictatorship within the party, himself as fuhrer.
- 1923 you have the munich putsch which failed, and hitler went to prison
- dec 1924 hitler got out, and the same month the nazi party went for elections won 32 seats
- learning from the munich putsch, hitler set out to obtain power legally instead of forcibly. between 1924 - 29 he reorganised the party, established various leagues and gave the party a foundation for a mass movement.
- 1929 great depression came and hitler exploited the economic crisis blaming it on the govt - many ppl started voting for NSDAP
- from 1929 - 33 basically you got the collapse of various govts, and as the military and conservative elite became more influential hindenburg was eventually convinced to make hitler chancellor
- from there hitler introduced various laws, eliminating democratic processes and establishing a dictatorship.

obviusly a very brief overview...

allyriewoldt66

HSC
yea, anyone with essays/notes on hitler rise to power would be really helpful!!

Also by the way, i was wondering anyone know what the link is to the resource page i cant seem to find it again???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)