HELP!! - he who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left (1 Viewer)

greeer

HSC
Hi,
has anyone done an essay like this before or can give me any tips and ideas on it?id be verrrry greatful:)

He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left. Chinese proverb
Do you agree?
Argue your point of view.

this question is just annoying. i have a half yearly on it in 2 days..woop woop!

emca

HSC
yep

the physical journeys module simply asks you to demonstrate how a physical journey can lead to a form of enlighenment. Enlighenment is simply a better understanding of the human condition or your own sense of self

lou_217

HSC
Yeah emca is right.

All these journey essays ask the same thing pretty much, they just change the wording. :)

So you've got to tell them what they want to hear. An imaginative journey serves to change the individual as it is in essence a form of self-enlightenment. Those who undertake this kind of journey usually learn about themselves through it. More often than not it is a positive change. Thus, the person comes back a different person, so to speak. They have become aware of themselves and their surroundings.

Feel free to pester me for more help if it still isn't clear. Good luck.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
That question is basically asking you to talk about change. Any kind of change... in attitude, mindset, position etc. If you're having trouble seeing how a character changes, then you're analysing a text with a bad portrayal of a journey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)