HELP!!! History project!! (1 Viewer)

funkychickie

hey i was wonderin if anyone can tell me as much as they can about the project.. im doing the holy grail and its due soon like less than 2 weeks and i thought i had some good info from some journals but they are crap...
how many sources should i use?
does it matter what type of sources i should use??
please help me im really in the sh!t now!!!!

howareya

Banned
who cares...its only a major work...ours worth 60% due in int two weeks haven't started either

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
it realli depends on how ur gonna take ur essay.... by looking at the prize winners and finialists i reckon at least 15 sources... for rIII i have over 20 sources im drawing from.... and i think ours if worth 60% too.. or possibly 80%... meh the trials and assignment only count 10% each.... damn the trial exams tomorow :(

btw im like 1/4 the way done... :(

funkychickie

hey is there anywhere i might be able to look at the prize winners essays... i just kinda am losing wat im meant to be doing.. i know to look at the historians and im finding some interesting but i just dont know to what depth.. my teacher isnt good at helping cause she doesnt like me!! meh stupid favouritism or (un)favouritism... heheh good luck with ur trial exam tomoz Mick_eT- i do the CSSA and it isnt till monday.. (p.s. ive had 5 days from my last exam (Ancient) to extension history... so a little time to assessment... but not enough..
thanks heaps for ur help :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Well, you've left it kinda late. I don't know anything about your subject so I can't really help. The HTA prize is in a book which your school probably has--ask to see it.

funkychickie

ummm i no i left it late... but my school would not show me the HTA things so im buying them myself :) i will be fine.. besides must finish by saturday cause i want to go out and beau brady is gonna be at TROPPO!!!!!!! yay!!! mum said i cant og if my extension project isnt done :( but im gonna work really hard to finish it!! yay!! :)
thanks for ur help though good luck with ur marks..

Yami

Let me see...the State Library in St James (Sydney) has just about everything. Try that out. Oh, and if you want a good project, you gotta footnote like hell. That's what my Extension History teacher said. My 3000 word project (not including synopsis or bibliography) has 26 footnotes in it.

Yami

Don't abuse them, but you have to use them. It helps keeping your essay within the word limit. A good guide would be 3 or 4 footnotes a page, I think. It depends on how much writing you have on the page. As long as your footnotes are relevant, however, then your teacher can't really criticize you...

Muse

help!!!!

oh god guys, just being a voyeur and reading this thread, and i'm SO relieved that some other people havent started their major work in this subject.

i have a really quick question: what exactly do the markers expect in this essay?
i'm searching for historical veracity in Homer's Iliad, but my IP is basically just an overview of everything we've learnt in HisX - about postmodernism and relativism and empiricism etc. etc.

do they expect us to come to a conclusion? my posed question is unanswerable (because its a historical debate!)
should we be subjective (in a critical way) and insert our own opinion?

please help girls and guys!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Re: help!!!!

Originally posted by Muse
oh god guys, just being a voyeur and reading this thread, and i'm SO relieved that some other people havent started their major work in this subject.

i have a really quick question: what exactly do the markers expect in this essay?
i'm searching for historical veracity in Homer's Iliad, but my IP is basically just an overview of everything we've learnt in HisX - about postmodernism and relativism and empiricism etc. etc.

do they expect us to come to a conclusion? my posed question is unanswerable (because its a historical debate!)
should we be subjective (in a critical way) and insert our own opinion?

please help girls and guys!
Sounds interesting. :)

It would probably be a good idea to subtly present your point of view throughout your essay, possibly in your judgement of other sources..Just on their historiographical validity and so-forth.

You don't have to come to a conclusion regarding the topic itself, but just to a conclusion regarding the debate.
Good luck.

Yami

What do markers expect? That you answer your question. That's all there is to it. As long as you answer your question, and provide historians to back up your arguement, then it's all good. Read you outcomes that come with your project, and apply them in your essay. That is what I did, and I think my essay is not too bad, myself.

Do they expect us to come to a conclusion? Yes they do. My teacher told me that she (as a marker) wants your point of view. Since your (Muse) project is a historical debate, you have to give all sides to the debate, THEN give your own opinion, then conclude your essay.

Subjective or Objective? Be objective when discussing the debates of your topic. Don't try and add your own little opinions unless they are relevant to the arguement being presented. Only use your opinions when you are making a judgement.

Beanie

HSC
I got 24.5/25, and on average I used about 3 or 4 footnotes per page. You dont want to have so many footnotes that it seems there is more words written in the footnotes than the essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)