Help I actually don’t know what i’m doing for Mod C (1 Viewer)

katiekms

HSC
So we have an assessment coming up where we do a mod B essay in class (i’ll ignore that for now) and Mod C creative at home. the mod C stimulus is this:
Part 2: Module C – Craft of Writing – Creative Response and Reflection
The primary concern of good text is to create an emotional response in the reader.
Create a piece of writing, with reference to the above statement, that reflects the techniques of the composers we have studied through Module C – George Orwell’s Politics and the English Language and Noel Pearson’s Eulogy for Gough Whitlam.
Once you have created your piece of writing, you must submit an annotation of the piece, detailing the techniques used and the challenges (and/or successes) of the writing process.

Our teacher encouraged us to do an imaginative piece (because apparently we collectively suck at discursive) and either create a poem/short story that makes the reader have an emotional responses or make the story about a specific emotional response. the problem is… idk how to do that. how do i figure out how to make people emotional?? IDK. like first i gotta figure out what emotion i want to encourage, then i gotta figure out the story - making sure it’s possible to achieve that emotion - then i gotta our how to actually write the story in a way that is nice but also gets that emotional response but not in a cliche way IDK ITS TOO HARD I CANT DO IT AND I NEED HELP BUT MY TEACHER IS GOING ON HOLIDAY SOON AND WILL BE NO HELP.:oldfrown::oldfrown::oldfrown: i will love anyone who helps me in any way shape or form im desperate. thank you for reading :hug2:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
In determining the emotion that you aim to elicit from your reader, you may wish to consider your character/personality. If you are naturally a humourous or optimistic person, you could write an imaginative piece that covers certain events experienced by the main character(s) which can make readers have a positive emotional response (such as happiness, laughter or hope). On the other hand, if you are interested in obscurity or melancholy, you could write an imaginative piece covering certain events experienced by the main character(s), although here, the emotional response from readers would be a negative one (such as sadness, pity, sympathy or despair).

Once you have identified the emotion that you want to focus on, you can refer to the texts that you studied to ensure that you have thorough knowledge and understanding of the techniques used by their respective authors. Subsequently, you can incorporate the same techniques as well as other techniques in a manner that reflects that of the authors (as mentioned in your task description). Lastly, it would be good to seek feedback. While your teacher is not available, there may be other people willing to provide feedback, which includes adopting a reader's perspective and assessing the extent to which you were able to emphasise your chosen emotion.

I hope this helps! 😄

aqwerty13402

HSC
So we have an assessment coming up where we do a mod B essay in class (i’ll ignore that for now) and Mod C creative at home. the mod C stimulus is this:
Part 2: Module C – Craft of Writing – Creative Response and Reflection
The primary concern of good text is to create an emotional response in the reader.
Create a piece of writing, with reference to the above statement, that reflects the techniques of the composers we have studied through Module C – George Orwell’s Politics and the English Language and Noel Pearson’s Eulogy for Gough Whitlam.
Once you have created your piece of writing, you must submit an annotation of the piece, detailing the techniques used and the challenges (and/or successes) of the writing process.

Our teacher encouraged us to do an imaginative piece (because apparently we collectively suck at discursive) and either create a poem/short story that makes the reader have an emotional responses or make the story about a specific emotional response. the problem is… idk how to do that. how do i figure out how to make people emotional?? IDK. like first i gotta figure out what emotion i want to encourage, then i gotta figure out the story - making sure it’s possible to achieve that emotion - then i gotta our how to actually write the story in a way that is nice but also gets that emotional response but not in a cliche way IDK ITS TOO HARD I CANT DO IT AND I NEED HELP BUT MY TEACHER IS GOING ON HOLIDAY SOON AND WILL BE NO HELP.:oldfrown::oldfrown::oldfrown: i will love anyone who helps me in any way shape or form im desperate. thank you for reading :hug2:
i love orwell sm

katiekms

HSC
In determining the emotion that you aim to elicit from your reader, you may wish to consider your character/personality. If you are naturally a humourous or optimistic person, you could write an imaginative piece that covers certain events experienced by the main character(s) which can make readers have a positive emotional response (such as happiness, laughter or hope). On the other hand, if you are interested in obscurity or melancholy, you could write an imaginative piece covering certain events experienced by the main character(s), although here, the emotional response from readers would be a negative one (such as sadness, pity, sympathy or despair).

Once you have identified the emotion that you want to focus on, you can refer to the texts that you studied to ensure that you have thorough knowledge and understanding of the techniques used by their respective authors. Subsequently, you can incorporate the same techniques as well as other techniques in a manner that reflects that of the authors (as mentioned in your task description). Lastly, it would be good to seek feedback. While your teacher is not available, there may be other people willing to provide feedback, which includes adopting a reader's perspective and assessing the extent to which you were able to emphasise your chosen emotion.

I hope this helps! 😄
thank you so much!! :oldbiggrin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)