HELP! i am stuck on this question... (1 Viewer)

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
Ive got this assignment question worth 3 marks that i really need help on... i couldnt find any information on it in any textbooks or on the net as it is not related to any specific topic but is more general. Anyway, here it is:

Scientific research is rarely conducted in isolation, however school investigations are often carried out individually. Assess the validity of each style of research by tabulating information.

any help is greatly appreciated. thnx:)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
um.. well.. validity...
scientific research needs to be a collaboration effort, by collecting and analysing data together, it's..
- useful to verify results
- increases validity of results and ideas
- general trends can be viewed worldwide, not just in isolation.
- allows scientists to consider different ideas/perspectives/concepts to work with.
eg the stuff on the particle/wave model was collaborated on by stax of scientists, not jus one..

doing work individually has severe disadvantages from a scientific perspective; it disallows room for comparing results with others' (so if u get something wrong, it would be difficult for you to pick up on)
However, i think the deal with school is to develop experimental skills, which individual investigation promotes, and dealing with the data as if there was no other resource (encourages independence and thinking??? ) also there are textbooks and stuff which can help you...

lol... this is a load of bull...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)