Help!! I cant write english essays in time (1 Viewer)

akhan324

HSC
does anyone recommend spending slightly more time on mod a? my mod a is by far the largest of all modules and ik that it takes less time for me to do mod b and c then it does mod a

suggestions?
same but i think it’s important to spend extra time make sure you make those valid links

hiiitsme

HSC
So for mod B I'm actually doing an artist of the floating world, however I feel like 3 poems would be optimal because you can dedicate one paragraph to each.
Or synthesise the poems works really nicely and kind of allows you to talk about textual integrity more meaningfully Like:

POEM AB

POEM AC

POEM BA

thisname

HSC
If u don’t mind me asking what texts are u doing for mod b? If you’re doing Eliot I’m stuck between doing 2 or 3 poems which do u think is best?
i do eliot and i think the best approach is to go with the question - some questions lend themselves better to a "journey" so 3 poems like prufrock-> hollow -> magi
if the question is smth generic like how does he portray a bleak world etc 2 poems would be good with a 3rd synthesis para that explores a 2nd concern that both poems share

hiiitsme

HSC
Will the hsc specify to ONLY use two poems, or will it always say use two or more?

triviajeon

HSC
planning shouldn't take long at all, you just need to read the question, identify the key words/phrases, establish links between these key words and your essay, probably 1-2 minutes maximum planning needed for each section. once reading time is up, jot down those links you came up with for each section and then get started on the mod A essay
Is it best to write down all your ideas for each section in one go or approach one, jot down ideas/links, get straight to the essay then repeat for all 3 modules?

triviajeon

HSC
Will the hsc specify to ONLY use two poems, or will it always say use two or more?
(This is from Mod B experience since I'm doing Eliot) From what I've seen, they could specify one poem then say refer to at least one other poem. Meaning you have to do at LEAST one more poem, but could do more if you'd want. Haven't seen anything too different yet. Hope that helps.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Is it best to write down all your ideas for each section in one go or approach one, jot down ideas/links, get straight to the essay then repeat for all 3 modules?
personally once reading time was up, I would jot down my ideas/links for all 3 sections bcz they'd still be fresh in my mind, ofc this took away like a minute of writing time from the mod A essay but it was always worth it. I feel like if I didn't write all my ideas for all sections in one go at the beginning, I'd forget what I came up with during reading time

stressedadfff

HSC
personally once reading time was up, I would jot down my ideas/links for all 3 sections bcz they'd still be fresh in my mind, ofc this took away like a minute of writing time from the mod A essay but it was always worth it. I feel like if I didn't write all my ideas for all sections in one go at the beginning, I'd forget what I came up with during reading time
did you memorise paragrph and essays

Jojofelyx

HSC
Real question is, how the actual fuck does anyone finish paper 2 WITHOUT memorising???? Dude you have to be a fkn english god to be able to conjure up shit on the spot in 40 mins and have decent length. Hats off to those who can do it, cuz i sure cant if i was asked to do that shit lol

uniqueusername1

HSC
Real question is, how the actual fuck does anyone finish paper 2 WITHOUT memorising???? Dude you have to be a fkn english god to be able to conjure up shit on the spot in 40 mins and have decent length. Hats off to those who can do it, cuz i sure cant if i was asked to do that shit lol
not really bro. You just need to keep on practicing. Eventually you'll see some quotes and phrases you can easily re-use and it gets easier and easier and your confidence multiplies.

Jojofelyx

HSC
not really bro. You just need to keep on practicing. Eventually you'll see some quotes and phrases you can easily re-use and it gets easier and easier and you confidence multiplies.
Hmm... sounds like memorising but with extra steps lol, but yeh i get what you mean

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I didn't memorise essays or whole paragraphs tbh, just the analysis parts only. essentially I went into the exam with*** abt 800 or 900 words memorised, and then I would write an extra few hundred words on the spot* based on the question (intro, conclusion, big "linking" sections at the end of each body para)

Jojofelyx

HSC
I honestly dont think most people finish paper 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)