• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help! I need help with getting ideas togetherrrrrrr!! (1 Viewer)

zorcy

HSC
next week, on monday, i have my Viva Voce assessment, and so far all I've done is the intro, and an outline of what sort of character will be in my short story.
My story will use the seasons of the year to reflect how climate change affects natural cycles, and how humans use nature's resources for their own benefit... something like that... and i will also look at past, present and maybe future- as to what sort of plot i'll use- I have absolutely no idea! I need help! I need suggestions! My intro gives a description of winter's past, and my character is an old man who reflects on how things came to be- he's the sort of character is likes to reminisce on his past... hippie like, beard, thin and artistic...
All I need are some suggestions for me to get my mind going in one direction- rather than all over the place... i have so many other projects that I'm doing, everything is so hectic!!!!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

123 B A N G

HSC
broad topic. difficult. hummm... well I'm not being very helpful. You wouldn't want to go down the obvious road of humans rights activist unless you made it really interesting. Perhaps the changes in his own body ie. getting older and frailer, could symbolise the changes to the world as humans destroy it. You could have a postmodern time jumps in it that show his past then his present but the future without him, and his death is the planets death. I don't know whatever I can't think I'm too tired. You'll have to come up with it quick though. Make up some bullshit for your viva thats always a good idea. //

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
This is just whatI think, but you could model the context of your society as a technological dystopia which exploits the dwindling natural resources of the earth without a scant regard for the damage being done to the environment. And as for the plot, you could have your protagonist associate himself with a radical envrionmentalist group, a fringe group existing beyond the boundaries of society, (a convention of dystopian fiction) using his wisdom and expierience at having seen the gradual damage being done to the environment by society.

I actually tried using this idea myself but it didn't work out (I even had a name thought out for the environmentalist group and everything- "The Children of Gaia") but hopefully you'll find all this of some use.

zorcy

HSC
T_T thank you guys
my viva is tommorrow- and i still don't know what to do, but i gues i'm just gonna make up something based on what i've got now, and just change it as my ideas progress later on... something like that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)