Help in choosing subjects? What scales good and bad? (1 Viewer)

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
German continuers scales really well, bcuz theres a relative small cohort doing it. my sister is doing it herself and u should definitely consider it.
I have no idea about the scaling of languages hahaha. How do Italian Continuers and Extension scale in comparison to other languages? I'm aiming for a band 6 and E3 or E4 respectively.

unicornachos

HSC
N/A
I'm in year 11 and do Japanese Continuers through OHS. It can be a bit difficult doing the work because it's basically a constant thing which must be worked at nearly every day, unlike other subjects in year 11 where you can basically get through it by just doing assignments and studying before tests. The work load is one booklet a week, with a mini test at the end of each unit which can be very time consuming. If you really love Japanese and think you'll be motivated enough to constantly work at it, then it's a good subject for you. Also Beginners shouldn't be as hard as Continuers, as the grammar is much easier. 8D
Also you do have support from your teacher who is very helpful. Another thing that would be great in learning Japanese would be to apply to be a host family if your family agrees and you have room. If you get the chance to host a Japanese exchange student it could be a really great experience, as well as the fact that it will improve your speaking ability greatly.

Last edited:

emma5795

HSC
I'm half japanese, but I know no japanese so that's why I'm really commited. However I highly doubt that my application will be accepted by the open high for this reason.

HSC
Also, take Mathematics - not General Mathematics. General Maths are for those doing 5.1 Maths. 5.2 and 5.3 maths people should be doing Mathematics because that follows on from your Year 10 content.
Really? I do 5.2 Maths and not doing very well in it (not because I don't know what to do it, but because I cripple under exam pressure, and often forget everything once I sit the test.) My school goes on and on about how Mathematics is extremely hard, and that if you're in 5.2 Maths, you should not be doing it unless you're like in the top ten, and that all people in 5.2 should be doing General, even my tutor said that Mathematics is a lot of work and that he recommends I take General.

I chose Mathematics, btw.

Oh, and there is no point in talking to my head teacher or anyone else about it because they would just say do General Maths with your results, but the fact is that I'm decent at Maths, and in practice I hardly get anything wrong, but in tests everything falls apart, and it is very frustrating because everyone else in my class does very well and they do not cripple under exam pressure like me, and I really feel like I am badly underachieving in Maths

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)