Help In Essay Writing!! (1 Viewer)

Jackson

ive been writing so many essays relating to changing perspective and i only get around the 12/20 mark... people have been tellling me that there are two ways of writing essays and the method that i use only gets a maximum of that mark.

One such essay question is:
How have the texts you have studied developed your understanding of the nature of changing perspectives?

They say rather than talking about the texts throughout the essay... talk about the issues relating to CP such as inevitabilty of change, the difficult/confronting process of change etc and use the texts as my back-up...

Help would be appreciated

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
The whole point of the english course is for you to study the texts and you must demonstrate your understanding of them in the exam. Even if the question doesn't say to refer to the texts and/or can be answered thoroughly without reference to the texts, the markers will still look for insightful analysis of the texts

I know, the whole english course is BS but you got to learn to live with it

I remember the good days when only 1 unit of english was counted in UAI, a guy who got 99.90 came 6th in the school
now a 99.90 would come 1st or 2nd :(

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
Yeh talk about the issues...but also talk about how these issues are evident thoughout the text...in the question, it says 'HOW'...most questions will have that word in it, which means you have to talk about the techniques used in the text to get the message across...and after each explanation, reinforce the question in it at the end of the paragraph..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)