Help in finding a technique (1 Viewer)

nnikkihong

HSC
What technique would this sentence use? or would it just be questioning?

"But tell me, Taro, don’t you worry at times we might be a little too hasty in following the Americans?"

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Depending on the main ideas/events explored in this text, I believe this may be either just questioning (since the character who's asking the question seems to worry about immediately following the Americans, triggering their question) or a rhetorical question (since both characters may already know the answer to this question, i.e the characters were indeed too hasty in following the Americans).

I'm not 100% sure but I hope this helps :)

Hiheyhello

HSC
you could mention that it elicits a concerned tone
or whatever type of tone helps you to prove your argument
i haven't read the text, but maybe consider whether the quote is ironic or foreshadowing
yeah soz they're not rlly great techniques but if you can refer to some type of combo it could strengthen the analysis

zizi2003_

HSC
What technique would this sentence use? or would it just be questioning?

"But tell me, Taro, don’t you worry at times we might be a little too hasty in following the Americans?"
You could talk about the low modality of the 'might' and the juxtaposition in/oxymoronic quality of the 'little' and 'too' to emphasise the character's concern/uncertainty/reflection on their actions. Though make sure it links to your argument lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)