HElp in making a Decision!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
OMG!

I got offered Commerce/Arts at USYD but I've already accepted my offer of Economic and Social Sciences at USYD....

I dunno which to do!!! argh... how much time do I have to decide?
I would have rathered Commerce (Liberal Studies)..

What do you guys reckon? Any Suggestions?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I just flipped a coin and it says you should do the second one.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
com/arts: 5 years
eco.soc.sci: 3 years

eco.soc.sci - best if you want to work in HR or government
com/arts: best for numerous professions

SureBluff

HSC
basically what stazi said

and you can always discontinue your current course and take the offer - well before the 'cutoff' date (I forgot the technica name for the date).

cimbom

HSC
If you can think of maybe two majors in arts that you want to do and see yourself doing commerce core units like acct, do com/arts.

HSC
def do comm/arts.. comm u can do a double major, arts u can do a language!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not everyone wants to waste 2 more years, though. com/arts is stupid for someone who's not interested in any arts majors.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
accept the 2nd offer as well... you have until 30th of March to decide (or which ever the census date is this year, which is the last day to withdraw with no penalty)

HSC
I think im sticking with Eco & Social Sciences... HR seems like a good major..
Commerce/Arts is way too long, 5years, If i get offered Commerce (Liberal Studies) then I'll take it, hope they offer it in the final rounds LOL which is highly unlikely...

How long do I have to accept my offer of commerce/arts? Do i have to accept or decline or can i just leave it as it is and still receive a final offer?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Com (Lib) is very tough to get into. Last year they only had 5 transfer places available last year. Not sure how many they had this year.

HSC
LOL are you sure you want to know?

i had a UAI of 42 in 2004
in 2005 went to Martin College with a Advanced Diploma of Business Management with a Distinction average
in 2006 made it into Macquarie Uni doing a B International Business received a credit average
in 2007 made it into Economics and Social Sciences at USYD

thats my ride so far....

HSC
thats very reassuring, I'm quite content with Economic and Social Sciences, commerce (lib studies) is just a bonus, If i get a final round offer then lucky me, if not then I'm still lucky as I got into Eco/Soc Science

stazi

Nightman
HSC
considering they use UAI/GPA in combination to allocate places, and how last year the NRSL was 96.35, and this year it would have been something like 92, it's physically impossible for you to get in. Oh and speaking to a guy at Records last year, he said that they don't have later round offers for transfer students in courses with such small candidatures. Non-accepted transfer places are allocated to regular HSC students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)