Help In Preparing For The School Certificate {pleassssssseee} (1 Viewer)

YJ90

HSC
Help WANTED In Preparing For The School Certificate {pleassssssseee}

Hi,

Anyone out there have any smart studying methods on achieving an outstanding school certificate, for e.g. Band 6 in all subjects.
Could someone please help me with preparing for the School Certificate, like could you please tell me what to study, how many hours a day to study, etc. Things like that since theres only 4 months left.

And does anyone still have there SCHOOL CERTIFICATE notes, cos if you do can u please POST them in this THREAD.

PLEASE REPLY PEOPLE.........:)

Last edited:

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
I think that doing past papers of the SC really helps, especially for maths and science, where alot of the questions are skill based. Using an online multiple choice database (such as the one below) is great as it allows you to try many different questions, with a time limit, which recreates test conditions.

http://www4.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/

There are books for history, geography and english which cover the same topics that you would of covered all throughout year 10. As of yet, i haven't seen the same sort of books for mathematics or science.

As to how many hours of study per day, I would not stress myself out to that point about the SC unless you are planning to leave at the end of year 10 (which i hope you are not planning :)). I would rather concentrate on present marks.

Hope that helps at all.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Re: Help WANTED In Preparing For The School Certificate {pleassssssseee}

YJ90 said:
Hi,

Anyone out there have any smart studying methods on achieving an outstanding school certificate, for e.g. Band 6 in all subjects.
Could someone please help me with preparing for the School Certificate, like could you please tell me what to study, how many hours a day to study, etc. Things like that since theres only 4 months left.

And does anyone still have there SCHOOL CERTIFICATE notes, cos if you do can u please POST them in this THREAD.

By studying the night before........:)

YJ90

HSC
Thanks for the advice,
does anyone else have any other advice on preparing for the School Certificate,and does anyone have any helpful notes that they can post.

vizman

HSC
pretty much just study all the work you've covered including all assignments

ediisjoz

HSC
sc is nothing, you don't really need to do much + if you study for ur exams before it you'll do fine.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

Just do your work in class and your fine.

xlr8-crillz

HSC

mr_brightside said:
Just do your work in class and your fine.
is being fine getting band 6's or something less like 4 or below.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC

YJ90 said:
Hi,

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

w00dy.

HSC
i honestly do much in regards to preparing for the SC. i certainly wasnt too stressed about it 4 months out. and i still came out relatively ontop.
alls i did was just made summaries of everything.
past papers.
our school gave us like a week before the actual SC doing past papers during class.

the SC isnt something to really stress about unless you plan on leaving school. but seeing as though your aiming for band 6's in everything i somehow doubt that.

Sofstar

HSC
Best advice is to do past SC papers. Do them until you cannot simple do anymore and cannot pick up a pen, you'll be set when you reach that stage.

Peteage

HSC
w00dy. said:
i honestly do much in regards to preparing for the SC. i certainly wasnt too stressed about it 4 months out. and i still came out relatively ontop.
alls i did was just made summaries of everything.
past papers.
our school gave us like a week before the actual SC doing past papers during class.

the SC isnt something to really stress about unless you plan on leaving school. but seeing as though your aiming for band 6's in everything i somehow doubt that.
You may need those band 5 and 6's or a and b marks when you are selecting your subjects for year 11 &12

lala2

Banned
HSC
Don't be so stressed about SC--it's really nothing, except to prove that you can do Year 10, which if you're aiming band 6's for I'm really sure you can. I think I got like one or two band 6s, and rest high band 5's, and I simply revised everything (without any past papers--you see, I hadn't known of their existence back then) so meh.

If you do need your grades to pick certain Year 11 subjects (which I know exists in some schools but I personally don't see the point of it), just try to do your best--remember, you can't have been that dumb to have come to this forum in the first place, or aiming for band 6s. By the beginning of Year 11, you won't even have remembered the SC--my own HSC marks are becoming a blur let alone SC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)