Help:Internet related (1 Viewer)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Hey just wondering, my Internet's been acting a little funny lately. The @ light on my modem keeps flashing yellow sometimes and at other times it's green and works (just like now). Does this mean my modem's stuffed or something else?

Oh, and whenever I turn on the computer and I log on I get this error message saying "DLL load failed." What does that mean?

Thanks, much appreciated.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
DLL stands for "Dynamically Linked Library" and windows xp comprise all of its operations of hardware through them.
Sometimes you may get a couple not-loading dlls but they're not essential. What I think your system have 'failed' to load are in most likely way attached to the workings of your modem.
I can suggest you update your drivers either by enabling "Windows Update" to hope they'll send you an update or visit the modem's manufacturer's website.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Oh ok thanks. Hmmm...my mum rang theTelstra help desk thing and she asked about the DLL thing and the person said that had nothing to do with the modem...but what does she know right?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Rare to see internet problems caused by dll issues...

SOunds like two seperate issues to me.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
i must say the internet 's been acting weird..
at times my router is working i.e. my LAN is working but my interent connection is not.. bad connections lately ever since the weather been very cold.. LOL it's stupid to blame the weather for my internet connnection problem -_-'

kalli

HSC
i work at telstra tech support...

@ light orange/off is a line sync problem

do u have filters on all your phones/fax/eftpos and foxtel digital?
do u have a back to base alarm system?

plug the modem straight into the wall (using a short cable) and unplug all phones/fax/eftpos and foxtel digital... then turn ure modem on and off and watch the @ light... if its solid green and doesnt drop ut then its a problem with filters... if its stil flashing and dropping out then its the modem or the phone line...

if its flashing orange/green then its an authentication issue...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)