HELP !!INTERVIEW-->UMAT percentile (1 Viewer)

mysstring

HSC
Hey guz~~

I am just wondering, with 33 UMAT percentile T T, is there any chance of getting an interview from any UNI? e.g. UWS etc??

And what's the minimum percentile needed for each uni in Sydney?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

science

HSC
I'm going to say no. Your only hope would be unis that don't look at it (Sydney uni is one of the only ones in NSW iirc but gl getting the 99.95), and some other unis have a baseline (UNCLE, Monash) 50-50-50 in each section, below which they chuck out your application.

Then again, if you get 99.90 or 99.95 or some other ridiculous mark they might look past it- just depends what your estimate is

HSC
Hey guz~~

I am just wondering, with 33 UMAT percentile T T, is there any chance of getting an interview from any UNI? e.g. UWS etc??

And what's the minimum percentile needed for each uni in Sydney?

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
33 percentile is nowhere near the minimum cut offs.

emilios

HSC
Re-sit UMAT next year my friend. All unis in NSW require UMAT to some extent, except USYD whic is 99.95 ATAR.

The following UMAT scores are required:
UNSW: 90+%ile
UWS: Takes S1+S2+(1/2*S3) and cutoffs are usually around 145-151 in that regard (don't quote me on this one). Cutoff is slightly lower if you attend a school in Greater Western Sydney, so I've heard of people with a UMAT of 81%ile getting in because they performed well in S1 and S2 and they lived in GWS. But still, that's a %ile >80.
UoN: Every section >50 then sorted by S1 scores. This results in some special cases where people with a UMAT in the 70th%iles range getting in because they might've only scraped a pass for S2 and S3 but did outstanding in S1.

mysstring

HSC
hi~thanks for the reply!
I am assuming that you mean S1+S2+(1/2*S3) on the RAW score that's displayed on the UMAT results page?
Then, would that mean that 50+ in each section would definitely get you an offer?
but it seems quite low...or am I misunderstanding sthg?

emilios

HSC
was 61 last year bud so you should be good for an interview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)