HELP....it's about failing.. (1 Viewer)

gemrism

HSC
I'm failiogn extension maths right now like under 50% fail.
I think i failed my trial too
If i try extremely hard in extension maths in the HSC...would i be able to still do good on maths extension 1?

alexvincent

HSC
Doing well depends on many things. But just remember your assessment mark is only 50% of your HSC mark.

Your rank is vital. Even if you have a pretty crappy raw mark but a good rank you should still do ok provided that you and the majority of your form performs well in the HSC exam as it is the collective performance of the form in the HSC exam which determines scaling.

If you have a failing raw assessment mark I don't think 40-44 is out of the question but you will have to do fairly well in the exam.

Last year I had a raw mark of 33/50 and a rank of 11/45. I got 57% in my trial exam. My results from the board were as follows: assessment mark 45/50, exam mark 46/60, HSC mark 46/60 E4. A couple of people in the top 10 ended up below an HSC mark of 45/50. So you can see that a lot rides on the final exam and leapfrogging a few people is definitely possible. Don't sacrifice 3u, it's a good subject to have for your UAI.

Hope this helps.

gemrism

HSC
Thank you...im going to try ultra hard in 3U for now
just in case i stuff up terribly in modern hisotry!

cracker barrel

HSC
I was about to ask this same question..
What if there's only 3 people in my ext 1 class and i'm behind by a looooong way? Will I be able to claw my way back if the others dont do well in the hsc and i ace it?
I ask because my ext 1 trial is tomorrow, and I've just realised i know bugger all

alexvincent

HSC
You should still be able to get a reasonable HSC mark. The good thing about small classes is that standard deviation doesn't play as big a role as in a big class (i.e. the last placers don't get dragged down as much).

The final exam has a heavy bearing on the final outcome so you should prepare towards that no matter what your situation. I'm not sure how you will end up, it depends on how far back you are from the other two. But yes it is possible to claw your way back, but to what extent I wouldn't be able to tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)