• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP!! Major problems on dropping a subject (1 Viewer)

daina

HSC
i currently have 12 units and want to drop a subject (pdhpe) which i'm currently failing and is one my least favourite subjects. Ive been planning to drop it for a while now but when i approached my teacher about it she basically said i was a fool if i dropped it now so close to the HSC. ARGH!! I don't know what to do.If i keep the 12 units i know i'd just be more stressed out when it comes to the HSC. -(sigh)- Any suggestions ?

getridofns

Banned
HSC
f her. shes an idiot. drop it if thats what you want to do. If its your worse subject and if u think ur not gonna do good then y have it?

study for 10 units is much better and more time

keep us informed

bye

kewlu

Banned
HSC
You have 2 schools of thought here, essentially:

1. You have PDHPE as a backup in case you screw over 2 more units.

2. You can allot more time to 10 units than 12.

HSC
if u really are failing in it and its ur worst subject, then theres no point keeping it as a backup as the other 10 units you have are all better, and as you dont even like PDHPE, its unlikely that you'll improve enough for it to be good enough to be counted even if you DO screw up one of ur subjects.

Ergo, fuck PDHPE in my opinion, that way u'll be less stressed (like u said) have more free periods, have more social life as less work 2 do, and can delegate more time to study ur other units.

On what u've said, i would drop PDHPE if i were u, but in the end, don't drop it until ur quite sure you dont want to do it, cos its hard to pik subjects back up from wat ive heard.

daina

HSC
Handed my PDHPE assessment task on Friday -sigh- which i'm not particulary happy with since i did it the night before (the day i thought i was going to drop it) and when i handed it to my teacher she said i made a good choice for not dropping it ( the only reason why i didnt drop it that day was because she said i was a fool if i did and that was when when i started to have second thoughts about it talk about pressure) -

While she was optimistic and all why do i feel more stressed out than usual maybe it's because i know i'm, going to fail .... i cant stand it i feel like jumping off a cliff (not literally though) ARGH i feel like an idiot for not dropping it sooner but i dont want to end up as a failure\fool if i do....

Damn it the stress is just so much that im starting to get anxiety because of it.

I know it's not too late to drop but i dont want to make the wrong decision even if i feel that dropping is the right choice for me.

Drop it ruin your hsc - dont drop it ruin your HSC still - i feel like i have no choices available

I dont know what to do !!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Your teacher is a dipshit. If you're performing poorly in a subject, you hate it and it's your 12th subject - DROP IT. It doesn't matter if you're soo close to the hsc or not unless you're doing exceptionally well in it. Just drop it and you'll have a lot of time to spare for your other 10 units, which will result in a better final mark.

If you decide to keep it - it would be very stressful and tiring trying to pull your marks up in pd/h/pe especially since you're not doing so well. The 12th unit is usually kept as a back up incase you stuff up in another subject but if you're doing well in everything else, dropping pd/h/pe is a godd choice. :) Sometimes teachers are the last people to go to for advise. Crack heads. :mad1:

- I dropped extension history although i was coming first. I was stressed and it was too time consuming so now im doing only 10 units and believe me, i'm fucking relieved. If having 1 less unit has relieved me a lot - imagine the feeling with 2 less units.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)