HELP, major work (1 Viewer)

BabyKat

Katti_Love
HSC
hay every1. . .im having serious trouble wiv deciding a major work topic. . .im confused about whether you can use a topic in the 2 unit course, cause i mean i had d impression we culdnt but after looking at this forum, pplz were talking about the holocaust. . here r sum of my ideas, plz if u have ne ideas post them for me, id appreciate it so much, im not exactly wat u wuld call a creative 1,

ok, 1)nationalism vs. terrorism, who does Northern ireland really belong to?
2) how the greek culture is viewed by other societies
3) differing interpretations of cleopatra (either her appearance or her sacrificing the throne)
4) something to do with the romanovs ( mayb anastascia)

and thats about it, spanx heaps, xxx

Paroissien

HSC
You can't use a topic from the 2U course, but you can extend upon a topic from the 2U course.
Topic wise I don't know how you'd relate the first topic to the ext. history course, second seems a bit broad, third might be too close to the ancient course, and fourth is crap, or at least the person who did that in my class was crap

Last edited:

Gooba

HSC
The major work was the best part of the course. Its probably the best thing Ive done in Senior School, very satisfying. Just some exaples of major work from my class
*The Emancipation Proclimation: Why did Lincon issue it?
*The Risdon Cove Mystery
*Henry Kissinger and Cambodia (mine)
*Demystifying Che Guevara
*Michael Collins: Terrorist or Freedom Fighter

The best way to go about the assignment is to firstly look at what you are interested in, a general topic area. Then slowly do research and break it down into something specific. You dont have to decide on a specific question straight away

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
doing something in the medieval period is pretty good...cause it isnt covered in both modern and ancient courses...so you have lee way there.

One thing to note is that make sure that you have plenty of sources to examine in your major work...the more the merrier

Another thing is that your whole project will focus on the way that you examine your historians....it is a historiographical essay, so you will have to use the 5 questions when examining each historian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)