Help....Major World Events....Please Help!!! (1 Viewer)

Cellie

HSC
Hey everyone!!

I really need help for my body of work!!!!!!!!

would anyone know of any sites that have really great pictures of:

- the Olympic games or anything that revolves around this
- the Tsunami Disaster
- the September 11

and would anyone know of any other Major World Events thats dramatical, emotional or however in a way lol, like the one i've mentioned above?

because i want to include 3 negative world events and so far i've got two, which is the tsunami disaster and september 11....and have 2 positive world events - and i have the olympics and need something else......

so please help ASAP :)

it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Last edited:

soso

HSC
N/A
go to www.aaart.tv got to the bottom of the page and type what you need in the google search and press search. This will give you good results

Cellie

HSC
Thanks.

I've tried google and yahoo....they have some pictures, but its hard to find a good one.

with the major world events, anyone know of recent ones or any that most should all know about?

soso

HSC
N/A
go to www.aaart.tv Listed on this site are links to timelines. These timeline list major events in the order they occurred. They are towards the bottom of section 6.

You could go to google again and type in timeline. This may give you a broader cross section such as history science philosophy etc or try great moments in history. If you know what you want try typing it in such as disasters of the 20thcentury

Hope this helps

jellybean007

HSC
N/A
I know this is kind of late... but...

Another major event could be the Iraq War (I don't know if that's too political, most of the others are humanitiarian...) ??

Maybe try looking up newspaper archives?? I'm sorry, not much help... good luck though!

Cellie

HSC
oh no no, it isn't late :)

yeah, i thought about the Iraq War. but then, i thought baout how it kinda links in with September 11.......has that sort of terrorism issue with them or something.....

i'm still thinking and need those two other major events - positve and negative - while i'm working on my other events......

thanks you guys :)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Cellie said:
Hey everyone!!

I really need help for my body of work!!!!!!!!

would anyone know of any sites that have really great pictures of:

- the Olympic games or anything that revolves around this
- the Tsunami Disaster
- the September 11

and would anyone know of any other Major World Events thats dramatical, emotional or however in a way lol, like the one i've mentioned above?

because i want to include 3 negative world events and so far i've got two, which is the tsunami disaster and september 11....and have 2 positive world events - and i have the olympics and need something else......

so please help ASAP :)

it would be greatly appreciated

thanks
I suppose stuff like LIVE AID and all those outdoor events to raise cash for the tsunami. Look for charity work, I don't know what but there's gotta be heaps of global charity events that have just happened.

Hope this helps.

Cellie

HSC
hey yeah, i should check that out and thanks heaps.

with the five rectangles - one rectangular area for each event - i want each of them to not relate to one another in events wise. For example, one rectangular area for the September 11 and i dont want to use another event (eg Iraque) for another rectangular area because Iraque relates with terrorism like September 11.

So i still need one bad event and one good event. Maybe the Holocaust??? It doesn't tie in with the other bad events (September 11 and Tsunami Disaster) i have, i dont think.....But still on good one to think of....

need help
thanks heaps

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
holocaust can be kinda upsetting for some students for obvious reasons, so maybe tone it down.

i like the idea about the rectangles, try not to differentiate the scenes too much or otherwise it can get complicated because there's too many contrasts.

Why not try home town hero stories as well - there's heaps of them - plus it's combining the concept of community and something good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)