Help me choose a course! (1 Viewer)

QuietPlease

HSC
okay so i'm one of those people that did well in their final exams but sucked at the umat and now i'd just like some input from others into what i should study in uni to get into medicine - probably graduate medicine. i know its a bit late but theres still time for second round interviews if i have to change any courses.

i know that medicine is the course i want to be doing and much to the disappointment of my parents, law is not something that would suit me.

i would like a course which would provide the optimal preparation for the GAMSAT and still be able to maintain a decent GPA. i did year 11/12 chem and physics but not biology. my ter was 99.4x so i'd be eligible for most courses and i'm prepared to move interstate.

so i was just wondering if anyone could recommend a course which will get me where i want to be. if you got into medicine via another uni course, what was it? my first pref at the moment is a bachelor of science but i have heard good things about medical science (and yes i have read the other thread called Med Science vs. BSc or somethign along those lines).

My considerations at the moment are:
Bachelor of science at UWA
Biomed at Queensland (offer today) - other interstate offers haven't arrived yet
Health Science at UWA
Vet science

Goal? MEDICINE!

HSC
you say you're prepared to move interstate? well why don't you do a science course at your local uni (and get high marks), do your umat again and then apply for medicine in every uni you can?

QuietPlease

HSC
watatank said:
you say you're prepared to move interstate? well why don't you do a science course at your local uni (and get high marks), do your umat again and then apply for medicine in every uni you can?
thats the plan at the moment but its just a Bachelor of Science. any recommendations on which science (i.e. Health, Biomed etc.)?

HSC
whatever you are interested in or whatever one you think you can get highest marks in. i know someone who went from transferred from comm/law to medicine after a year so you don't *have* to do a certain science degree or something.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yeah as i've said before, countless times, do something you really believe you'll enjoy and something you wouldn't mind doing in case you don't get into medicine. For me it was Mechanical Engineering (majoring in Biomedical), but hey, if humanities is your thing then by all means go for it!

rozymisty

HSC
Dont do vet science coz thats completely different biology etc etc

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Just stick with a generic Science degree. It's your best option right now because you can pick every possible science subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)