Help Me ! English Speech On Power ? (1 Viewer)

KazzaG

HSC
Power tends to corrupt nd absolute power corrupts absolutely
THE QUESTION : yr 11 studnets on the nature nd danger of the abuse of power the length 5 mins ,you must refer to ur text ,shawshank redemption as well as your two other texts which explore in class ( catcher in the rye finding forrester and the great gatsby ) in the sppech u must consider how meaning is shaped in n through the tests u dicuss with particulr refernece to language
forms and feture, etc etc nd their medi of production you must ksi reflect on your own learning though the speech

[FONT='MS Shell Dlg','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Microsoft Sans Serif','sans-serif']oki you gotta find where the meaning of abuse of power is shown in ur texts, find how how they are potrayed within the texts and how they are portrayed and then relate your own learning throught the messages of the texts[/FONT][FONT='MS Shell Dlg','sans-serif']omething maybe about how the abuse of power is prevalent in society at all levels?[/FONT]
[FONT='MS Shell Dlg','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='MS Shell Dlg','sans-serif']IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME EXAMPLE OF POWER,AND HOW IT ABUSED, FROM ANY OF THESE IT WILL HELP ME :)[/FONT]

JeffreyVongmany

HSC
I never prepare for my speeches. When i do my speeches, I try my best to present my speech like how a lecturer in university would teach his/her students

the best method is to just learn the right words and try to include everything necessary.

Try your best not to do a speech based on palm cards, because if you do, you tend to read out loud instead of executing the task properly.

Besides when you use body gestures, you tend to make sense, even without the palm cards.

Palm cards are only necessary for remembering points of your argument.

phayte

HSC
we did that in first term with the texts 1984, i chose scar tissue is a related text and talked about the power of drug addiction

what i learned was:
teachers dont think drug addiction is a power.
i also learned that if you argue that it is for long enough you can get 13/15 instead of 8/15

speeches are MUCH better when theyre more natural.
write about 10 palm cards with notes on each point your making with one for an intro and one for a conclusion

learn about 20 "big words" and throw them in there

:]

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'm really starting to get stressed about this. At my school we're doing a 3-5 min speech using one prescribed and one chosen text, and how they relate to the concept of power. The two texts I'm using are In Flanders Fields (McCrae) and 1984 (Orwell).

The advice here about just going without notes is reassuring. Really.

Right now I wish I was in the Advanced class, where they get to do 1984 in class, whereas over here in Standard, we have to do... poetry. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)