Help Me Estimate My Atar Please!! (1 Viewer)

cb_0104

HSC
Hey guys! Please give me an estimate of my atar:
My school rank is 144 as of last year
Subject | Average Internal | Rank
Biology: 83 : 7/30
Chemistry : 72 : 12/21
English Adv : 65 : 27/63 bruh
Legal Studies : 76 : 10/23
Maths Adv : 87 : 11/35
Thank you :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering all the information you have provided, I believe you could be looking at an ATAR in the low 80's region. Keep in mind that English Advanced can significantly impact your ATAR, meaning that going forward, you must ensure you do your utmost in order to perform well in the English Advanced HSC exam. This also applies to the rest of your subjects, and it seems to me that you will be able to perform well across your subjects, particularly in Biology and Mathematics Advanced, provided that you are preparing for your respective HSC exams in an effective manner.

I hope this helps! 😄

OreoMcFlurry

HSC
Can anyone estimate my atar too? My school usually ranks between 95-110th in HSC
For my internals, here are my subjects, raw marks and ranking:

- English Advanced: 67% with ranking of 32/56
- Maths Extension 1: 83% with ranking of 3/17
- Maths Extension 2: 56% with ranking of 7/7
- Physics: 82% with ranking of 1/10
- Chemistry: 71% with ranking of 8/16

P.S. my cohort isn't that large lol

laterz laterz

HSC
Can anyone estimate my atar too? My school usually ranks between 95-110th in HSC
For my internals, here are my subjects, raw marks and ranking:

- English Advanced: 67% with ranking of 32/56
- Maths Extension 1: 83% with ranking of 3/17
- Maths Extension 2: 56% with ranking of 7/7
- Physics: 82% with ranking of 1/10
- Chemistry: 71% with ranking of 8/16

P.S. my cohort isn't that large lol
low to medium 80s but i am not sure. dont quote me on that

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone remind me when ranks come out online? Or is this more of a school's choice to give out internal ranks?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

laterz laterz

HSC
Right, so I'm definitely screwed lol
i agree with life's hard. ik i screwed up my internals for english but i still know that I have more than a month until hsc. i can legit get a fire external mark and boost up my overall mark. u still have 33 or 34 days till hsc. just grind it out, get up early. study more than u normally do. cut down on netflix a bit and just think about what u wanna achieve and work for it.

you never know ur low 80s might get pushed up to a high 80s or even a 90!!!! u just gotta grind for it and not make any excuses.

OreoMcFlurry

HSC
i agree with life's hard. ik i screwed up my internals for english but i still know that I have more than a month until hsc. i can legit get a fire external mark and boost up my overall mark. u still have 33 or 34 days till hsc. just grind it out, get up early. study more than u normally do. cut down on netflix a bit and just think about what u wanna achieve and work for it.

you never know ur low 80s might get pushed up to a high 80s or even a 90!!!! u just gotta grind for it and not make any excuses.

Yeah, I'm hoping for 90+ because that's practically the only way I'm getting into my desired course lol, but thank you very much for the motivation 👍

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
These are my term 2 results so far

Chemistry: 32/35 =91% (top 10 overall/ ~50)
Biology: 32/40 = 80% (top 10 /~ 70)
3U math: 34/40 = 85% Rank 19/51
2U math: 33/35 =92% Rank 18/98
English: 18/20 = 90% top 5/45
Ancient history: 22/25 = 88% top 5/35

My school really bad and in a low socio-eco area, bottom 25%
rank in 2022 was in the 250s and in 2021 was 130s

Im worried that the scaling will affect me a lot as I'm not in the top 10 OVERALL... but teachers say my cohort is stronger than 22'

Estimations and comments pls
To improve the accuracy of estimates that you might receive, it would be a good idea to also include the number of band 6's/E4's achieved at your school in each of your subjects. You should also specify the level of English that you are taking. I will assume that you are taking English Advanced. Based on the information that you have provided, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR between 87 and 89.

Your performance in Mathematics Advanced appears to be of a good standard, meaning that it will likely make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Because of this, it is important to ensure that you maximise your preparations for this subject, which can also (ideally) improve your rank. Of course, the higher your rank, the higher your Assessment Mark is likely to be for this subject (this applies to all other subjects).

The same can be said, although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent about English Advanced and Ancient History. You should therefore do your utmost to maintain your current position in both subjects and if possible, improve your rank. Favourable performance is important, especially for English Advanced, being the subject that will always count towards your ATAR.

In terms of your other subjects, you also seem to be on the right track. This brings us to the fact that, while you definitely have an opportunity to improve, your performance in the rest of your subjects, your current performance is not necessarily unfavourable, which is likely a good indicator going forward.

I hope this helps! 😄

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
These are my term 2 results so far

Chemistry: 32/35 =91% (top 10 overall/ ~50)
Biology: 32/40 = 80% (top 10 /~ 70)
3U math: 34/40 = 85% Rank 19/51
2U math: 33/35 =92% Rank 18/98
English: 18/20 = 90% top 5/45
Ancient history: 22/25 = 88% top 5/35

My school really bad and in a low socio-eco area, bottom 25%
rank in 2022 was in the 250s and in 2021 was 130s

Im worried that the scaling will affect me a lot as I'm not in the top 10 OVERALL... but teachers say my cohort is stronger than 22'

Estimations and comments pls
Congrats on your marks so far. Your marks are really quite high, especially given that you have what is considered to be quite a challenging mix of subjects.

Even with a typically low-ranking school, in a dodgy area, you seem to me to be headed toward a mark in the order of 80-90 (if you exam well, upper 80s, if you exam poorly you're unlikely to break 80 at the lower end I think), which if you intend to attend university, should be suitable to get you into the majority of degree programs at a number of middle range and even some of the G8 universities.

Your marks are collectively sufficiently high that you really can't realistically focus too much on improving them, so your current challenge is simply to keep momentum until you sit the exams, what every you have been doing in terms of study and practice has clearly been working - now just keep it up for 5 more months. The other thing to keep in mind is now is the time to more heavily gear your study time towards the subjects which correlate to your degree choice (if you have one), if you know that you're going for Science/Technology/Commerce/Engineering start focusing more heavily on math, if you're intending to go for Arts/Law/Business/Communication start focusing more heavily on English, or if you're going with Nursing/Medicine/Psychology/Pharmacy then Bio+Chem should become focuses, if you're not sure yet continue to allot your time as you have been doing.

You should be very happy with these results and, without becoming complacent, it's really not that much of an issue if you are in the top 10 or not.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much, your reply is very helpful
Yes I do AdvEng, and I'll include info about band 6 in 2022 and 2021
Chemistry: 1, 3
Biology: 1, 3
3U math: 9, 25
2U math: 13, 21
English Adv: 4, 9
Ancient history: 3, 3

I hope internals won't be too detrimental to my atar...
No worries. Given those figures, I would be inclined to believe that your current performance is consistent with a slightly higher ATAR. More specifically, that would be an ATAR of 90-91. Your performance in Mathematics Extension 1 and English Advanced is of a higher standard than my initial estimate conveyed.

I will reiterate that you are definitely on the right track. Depending on your specific ATAR goal, you may need to perform at a higher level in order to maximise your ranks across your subjects, and you definitely have the opportunity to do so in your upcoming assessment tasks/exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)