Help me! (If u can) (1 Viewer)

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Alright. So last year I started doing the HSC through pathways and I did three subjects which got the following HSC MARKS:

English(Advanced) 81
Legal Studies 80
Modern history 74

Because of personal problems I had a really difficult time studying and doing assesments last year and my marks suffered. They're not really BAD marks but I want to get a UAI of 93+ and I'm considering repeating one, two or all of them. This year I'm doing French Continuers, English Extension One and English Extension Two. I'm aiming to get marks in the top band for all three of these to make up for last year but I dunno if that will be enough or if its even acheivable for me so I need advice.

Anything would be appreciated. :)

perhaps I should just repeat modern?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
If you want 93 repeat all of them. I didn't get 93 with 3 band 6's, an 88 and two marks like the ones you posted above in better scaling subjects. EAS will be an option for you though if your problems are as severe as what you seem to think, though if I were you I wouldn't rest my hopes on it. While I can't advise you really on what you should and should not repeat since I don't know whether youre any good at those subjects and just bombed out, you should repeat advanced, since its compulsary and thats not a mark you want if you're aiming for 93+.

Last edited:

phatic

HSC
You'll have to do at least 6 units this year, as it appears physically impossible (If my calculations are correct) to get those marks if you only do 4 units this year.

Here's a rough idea of what you'll need if you do 6 units, repeating modern, which is your lowest marked subject. Keep in mind this is an average, so if you get higher marks in one you can get lower marks in another.

Ext 1: 91
Ext 2: 90
French: 93
Modern: 92

By the way, your scaled marks are approximately: Eng Adv 66, Legal 64, His 52. These are the marks used in calculating your UAI.

You don't have to repeat Eng Adv. Your Ext 1 and Ext 2 marks can count for the compulsory 2 units of english required for a UAI. But then you'd need to do another 2 units of something else, since your Eng Adv marks wouldn't count...

If you're going to be doing 8 units, let me know what subjects and I'll work out what marks you need.

Last edited:

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Shit! I had no idea my English and legal marks would get scaled down so much in the calculation of the UAI! Are u sure you didn't make a mistake :confused: It looks like i'll be doing English and Modern again...oh well at least i'm prepared this time. Thanks for your help phatic and neo :)

phatic

HSC
Yeah it's pretty rough... They don't just take an average of those marks though. If they did, it'd be horrid. :/

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
She doesnt have the option of doing something else unless she accelerated a subject, unless youre willing to spend another year doing prelim? You HAVE to do a prelim year for any HSC course.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Word of advice...if you repeat them...make sure you have confidence in the fact that you'll do better...

Cause they take the most recent marks not the highest

Best of luck ^^

ramin_87

With your present marks it will be difficult to get a uai of 93 +. But remember with hard work and perseverance anything is possible. I sugget that u repeat 2 subjects, either english adv, or legal or modern andthen do well in your other 6 units. To get 93 +, u will need a few band sixes and high band 5's.

here's my marks:

business studies = 95
economics = 94
english advanced = 89
legal studies = 92
studies of religio 2 unit = 88

uai = 98.25

does this give u an idea of the marks u need?

GOD bless you.

if u need any more advice post another thread or e-mail me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)