• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help me kick out my flatmate (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I put this here to get more exposure than in employment/travel/property and as fellow uni students you have likely been involved in this sort of thing.

Put simply: what is the least confrontational/nicest way to kick out a flatmate as I don't particularly want to spend two weeks being (more) awkward or have my stuff stolen etc etc.

Any ideas?

Input welcome from both the kickers and kickees.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
How valuable was the stuff stolen? You could always call the police. That would get the message across pretty quickly.

Try this: "Hey (dude), this isn't working out. You see, (list of problems). For this reason, I believe you should move out."

Other than that, I think the only viable option in this case is to murder him in his sleep.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Just say nicely..........

Hey XXXX, there's a problem, you see my girlfriend wants to move in and yeah she needs a room to her herself so her parents think we're not dating. Is that cool with you?

Then go and find a hot chik to put into his room.

Say to the chik:
Hey XXX, my flatmate is a real dick. Do you want to move in and take over his room so I can get him kicked out.

Good Idea, I'd use it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
mention he has a week or so to find a new place because you want him to move out

its a bit slack if he doesnt have any warning and time to find another place or sort something out with mates

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
seek a Supreme Court order for the removal of him from private property and say "you got served" :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
be careful because you don't want to piss him off too much because then he might get spooky and revengeful.

Biut ultimately you will just have to tell him. I would give him a date that he has to move out by.... give him at least 2 weeks.

Lie if you have to.... say you have a relative that is moving and wants to live with you, and ya know family have to stick together so you have no choice LOL.

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
seek a Supreme Court order for the removal of him from private property and say "you got served" :p
Hahahha nice. But you need to give him the letter yourself.

Want me to bring over my baseball bat?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ash pretty much encapsulates the problem I want him out but not with any vengefulness on his part. This makes presenting a 'we hate you because.......' list a bit of a tricky option.

The complicating issue being that a friend of mine has moved in (after him) and so there'd be a last in first out argument from him and I don't want him somehow blaming her for him being kicked out.

The truth is it turns out that we don't really like him/like him in our house and a friend of mines girlfriend (arriving here from Korea) needs a place. So that works for us both his gf gets a place to stay I get a housemate whos not creepy.

So far the best lie I can think of is that my gf is pregnant and we're going to turn his room into the babies room. I just think that that leaves too much 'wriggle room' for him to say "I just need a bit more time to find somewhere" (time which I don't have as the new tenant will get here).

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Worst. Predicament. Ever.
Weren't you advertising only a few weeks back? According to my brother, Canberra is crawling with the dodgy derro's that seem to vaguely fill this description (drugs, crime/theft being the common theme)
If it were me, i'd move, in the dead of the night, stealing a few things back, pushing the car to Switzerland, singing all the way (of hills and nazis).

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Very hard situation, I would wait till he goes to work/uni, change the locks, put all his stuff out the front and a letter saying "goodbye".

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Very hard situation, I would wait till he goes to work/uni, change the locks, put all his stuff out the front and a letter saying "goodbye".
very nicly put I agree

X

xeuyrawp

PrincessSJ said:
glue all of his stuff to the ceiling
Probably the single worst yet best idea in this thread.

Stupid, yet sinister.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
poo in his/her bed.
theyll be so scared fo you theyll move out for sure

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Let me first clarify: he has NOT stolen anything. I want to avoid him being tempted to do so or engage in anything else nefarious by kicking him out nicely.

He is not a derro - though bogan does fit.

It is just wierd living with him.
He avoids all contact with everyone else, eg in two months he's lived here I've spoken to him for less than two hours total.
When home he stays in his room.
Turned down all overtures of friendship that we made initially.

Is shitty in other ways because:
He doesn't clean up after himself.
Evryone else cleans the house together once a week he doesnt.
He leaves rotting/moldy food in the kitchen.

All up weirdness is best demonstrated by this story:

State or origin night couple of weeks ago.... we were all in bed (I start work at 5am) he comes crashing in at midnight. My partner thinks he is an intruder and gets up to get a knife from the kitchen. She opens the door and he's lying in the hall between our respective doors.

When querried about this he replied that he just liked to sit there. This weirded the hell out of us both. He knocked against our door which swung open I jumped up stung by instinct and ready to kill someone. Suggested he went to bed. He staggered up and stumbled into our friends (females room) I pulled him out of there and shoved him through his door.

When querried about it later he claimed absolutely no memory of the entire night.

The whole things plays on the mind because:
I remember at least pieces from when I've been plastered, a friend who had to have his stomach pumped remembers most of that night etc etc eg memory loss appears unlikely.

Seems difficult to imagine him making it home but forgetting which room was his.......

Basically I want him out, but don't want him taking anything (eg we have stuff worth more than his bond) with him or damaging our stuff, etc etc. So I need to kick him out the nicest possible way.

Maybe I'm over-reacting and projecting my somewhat vengefulemotions on him?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
LOL call the mental asylum and get the men in white coats to take him away.

Tell him that the female feels threatened by him and wants to get a restraining order so he should just move out so she doesn't drag him to court.

S

Shuter

addymac said:
Let me first clarify: he has NOT stolen anything. I want to avoid him being tempted to do so or engage in anything else nefarious by kicking him out nicely.

He is not a derro - though bogan does fit.

It is just wierd living with him.
He avoids all contact with everyone else, eg in two months he's lived here I've spoken to him for less than two hours total.
When home he stays in his room.
Turned down all overtures of friendship that we made initially.

Is shitty in other ways because:
He doesn't clean up after himself.
Evryone else cleans the house together once a week he doesnt.
He leaves rotting/moldy food in the kitchen.

All up weirdness is best demonstrated by this story:

State or origin night couple of weeks ago.... we were all in bed (I start work at 5am) he comes crashing in at midnight. My partner thinks he is an intruder and gets up to get a knife from the kitchen. She opens the door and he's lying in the hall between our respective doors.

When querried about this he replied that he just liked to sit there. This weirded the hell out of us both. He knocked against our door which swung open I jumped up stung by instinct and ready to kill someone. Suggested he went to bed. He staggered up and stumbled into our friends (females room) I pulled him out of there and shoved him through his door.

When querried about it later he claimed absolutely no memory of the entire night.

The whole things plays on the mind because:
I remember at least pieces from when I've been plastered, a friend who had to have his stomach pumped remembers most of that night etc etc eg memory loss appears unlikely.

Seems difficult to imagine him making it home but forgetting which room was his.......

Basically I want him out, but don't want him taking anything (eg we have stuff worth more than his bond) with him or damaging our stuff, etc etc. So I need to kick him out the nicest possible way.

Maybe I'm over-reacting and projecting my somewhat vengefulemotions on him?
Sounds like you're just an overreacting whinger. Just because he doesn't seem to like you (possibly with good reason from the sounds of it)m and he got really drunk on state of origin night, is hardly a reason to kick someone out.

Grow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)