• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help me kick out my flatmate (2 Viewers)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I agree with the above poster, it's not that terrible a situation, my current situation has been much worse.

But still, you have the right to decide who you want to live with, especially if it is your name on the lease.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Its hard to convey it is a general sense of awarkedness, and little things that add up. It creates the 'hotel feeling'. He fails to positively contribute in any manner to house-life. He makes particularl the girls feel uncomfortable.

The point is that the oppurtunity has arisen to get a better housemate as such I need this one out as painlessly as possible.

Oh and Shuter STFU you know nothing of me.

Sorry to hear you havn't had any progress Ash.

get_born

PrincessSJ said:
have you tried telling him you're gay and you're interested in him??
what if the guy is gay too - maybe thats why hes not talking to you, he could be shy.

instead of kicking him out - why dont you just suggest some rules - like who ever wants to stay there should clean up after thamselves at least. If that doesnt work go with the "im gay" approach.

rumour

HSC
addymac said:
I put this here to get more exposure than in employment/travel/property and as fellow uni students you have likely been involved in this sort of thing.

Put simply: what is the least confrontational/nicest way to kick out a flatmate as I don't particularly want to spend two weeks being (more) awkward or have my stuff stolen etc etc.

Any ideas?

Input welcome from both the kickers and kickees.
OMG I am in a similar position, except I'm the one getting kicked out!!!!!!!!!

X

xeuyrawp

rumour said:
OMG I am in a similar position, except I'm the one getting kicked out!!!!!!!!!
Well that wouldn't be a similar position, would it? You're on the other end of the ugly stick.

ps- is that your actual mobile number.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
'Tis wonderful living in a single room. All the twats from college are locked far away on the other side of the door. :cool:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well rumour how would you like to be kicked out? Assuming you had no choice of going but a choice of how.

Unfortunately you do have to leave your room in the colleges....

rumour

HSC
addymac said:
Well rumour how would you like to be kicked out? Assuming you had no choice of going but a choice of how.

Unfortunately you do have to leave your room in the colleges....
I don't live in a college!!!!!

Just tell your flatmate that they annoy you and you don't like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would want them to be direct about it.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
As an update:

Noticed a smell of smoke from his room - badly covered by incense, ambi-pur and deoderant.

Went in when he wasn't home there a bong in his room, just plain smoking is a violation of our lease which could get us kicked out. And legally the responsibility for it is on our heads, eg police have a look around find pot then as the lease-holders we would be charged with possesion. Something that I doubt would look to good on our records and would hamper job prospects.

Oh and we also found out that he'd been leaving his heater on all day eg when he was out. The room was so hot that I checked if he had a hydo lab running in the wardrobe before I realised it was the heater. The issue with the heating being that he would be using say half the power but only paying for a third, and I have no particulat desire to be scimping on heating for myself so that when the bill comes we can afford for him to be toasty warm 24/7.

We gave him two weeks notice based on the pot, and will probably keep most of his bond. To pay for his part of bills we'll get after he's gone, cleaning bill and a weeks rent when the room will have to aired to get rid of the smells. Incidently the smells are so bad as to give my other flatmate nosebleeds.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Just say that uve got crabs, chlamydia, and gonorrhea and see how fast he runs

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Not yet, he still has one week of his two left. Though in an attempt to hurry him along i did say that if he left by today he'd save himself a weeks rent, I suppose theres still time today for him to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)