• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help me on my subjects...!!!! (1 Viewer)

jenstar25

HSC
Hi I'm new around here.

I have some difficulties about what subjects to drop and keep especially English.

So, I do:

Advanced English, English Ext., General Maths, French Cont., SOR1, Modern History and Society and Culture.

Obviously, I'm going to keep Society and Modern since I did so good in it and enjoy the subjects.

Advanced English, I did so terrible at and got a rank of 77/97, which obviously I'm not proud of. :( (mainly because I didn't finish the test.)

But then there's English Ext, which I got around 83% in. Rank around 4 or 5 out 16.
My English Ext.teacher said I should drop Ext and focus on Advanced instead.
But, my Advanced teacher said I should drop down to Standard.

So, I'm pretty confused.

And there's French, rank is 14/16. (Not proud of it either.)
I've been thinking about this all holidays and I still don't know what to do.
I haven't received my Maths yet.

Oh, I want to pick up History Ext. and requires to a major work which can get in the way of my PIP.

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE. I need suggestions. THANK YOU!!! :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Drop French so you can focus on your other subjects. History extension scales pretty good compared to French.

tomp1612

HSC
i would drop one subject, keep ext english and pick up ext hist (if workload is too much drop it), your ext english mark is amazing good job, focus on it but focus more on advanced as this will pull ur atar up

Roy216

HSC
Don't drop to standard english, either keep or adv or ext but don't go to standard

CaffeineMotor

HSC
We've said to others. DO NOT drop to Standard, it seriously isn't worth all the scaling factors and the fact that barely anyone in it gets a band 6 or even 5.

Also note that Extension English can replace your advanced mark in the external HSC exams and scale nicely too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)