help me please D: (1 Viewer)

Ninibear

HSC
So I'm currently enrolled in UTS for B Design in Landscape but I hate it. I shoulda gone to Visual Communication lol. Sadly, Vis Comm is only available from the start of the year. If I wanna apply next year, do I have to redo the HSC, or do the interview/portfolio method?? I'm so confused. :frown2:

Edit: thought about internal course transfer but i don't think i can meet the criteria

Thanks!

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
No. Maintain a credit average in your current course, and apply for an internal transfer.

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Ring up UTS, and see what you have to do for the transfer specific to that course (as I am not familiar with it). Maybe someone else on here knows :)

Hope I helped!

Ninibear

HSC
@nerdasdasd Thanks for the input! C average is too much though D: For landscape design students at UTS, we have to do the same first year course as architecture students and it's SO BORING. Managed to finish my first project, but for everything else I don't even know what I'm doing 90% of the time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That's why I think I'm incapable of getting that C average (as strange as it sounds).

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
@nerdasdasd Thanks for the input! C average is too much though D: For landscape design students at UTS, we have to do the same first year course as architecture students and it's SO BORING. Managed to finish my first project, but for everything else I don't even know what I'm doing 90% of the time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That's why I think I'm incapable of getting that C average (as strange as it sounds).
Have you spoken to the subject co - ordinator about what they can do to help ?

You may think it's incapable in you, but that's not true .... You may surprise yourself .

Ninibear

HSC
Have you spoken to the subject co - ordinator about what they can do to help ?

You may think it's incapable in you, but that's not true .... You may surprise yourself .
Nope, haven't spoken to them. Not even sure what to say because I've already given up on the subject.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope, haven't spoken to them. Not even sure what to say because I've already given up on the subject.
:(. I think you should still speak to the subject coordinator !

This situation will get worse unless you do something about it

Ninibear

HSC
:(. I think you should still speak to the subject coordinator !

This situation will get worse unless you do something about it
Yeah.. Not too keen on staying in the my course though.
Thanks though!!!! :0

raisondetre1

HSC
N/A
Yep, no internal course transfer for the Design, Architecture and Building faculty unfortunately. You can go about this in 2 ways:
1. If you have enough ATAR points (I am assuming you're in 1st year), change your preferences through UAC as your application is still valid for the mid-year intake. The selection criteria will be solely based on your ATAR and not your uni marks.
2. Apply through UAC again next year. Not sure what the GPA cut-off is over at the DAB but I do have a friend at UTS who applied through UAC last year to transfer from B Maths and Finance (around high 70s ATAR) to B Business at City campus (90 ATAR) and she got in with a 2.3 GPA. So it may be possible to get in without a credit average. You never know.
Hope this helps - good luck!

Last edited:

Ninibear

HSC
@raisondetre1 Sadly there's no mid-year intake for the course I want :(
Thanks for your input!! I'll take it into account!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)