help me please!! (1 Viewer)

Guitarist-Greg

HSC
i have and essay question..
"describe the different family structures recognised by the australian legal system and analyse the effectiveness of the legal remedies available to each group"

its a 2000 word essay
any help would be greatly appreciated
Greg.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
i think a good start would be to mention how the concept of the family has changed over time and as more family arrangements emerge, the law has to change in order to somehow accomodate for it and hence, there is no real one definition for family

then i would say, go on to start talking about alternative family arrangements - nuclear families, blended families, single parent families, de facto relationships, same sex relationships and any others if ive missed out of em

and in terms of being recognised by the australian legal system, just say how most are, but some are given more recognition for example marriages over same sex relationships. referring to certain acts here would be good. you could also mention how some werent recognised before but now they are, for example people in same sex relatinoships are given the same rights as heterosexual de facto couples under the Property (Relationships) Legislation Amendment Act 1999 (NSW) or how single parent families are more accepted today whereas previously it was seen as a result of immoral activity

in terms of analysing the effectiveness of legal remedies, you need to first know the remedies (which i don't) and the remedies will directly relate to the issues of each family. for example, issues facing single parent families would be access to welfare payments, and you can possibly analyse the effectiveness of centrelink ? i'm not too sure about that cause i don't really know the remedies

but yeah, thats how i'd approach the Q

hopefully that helps

Last edited:

roslyne

HSC
type in google ; the effectivness of the legla system for different family arragnements and click o the second link
hope it helpss
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)