• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help me plz (1 Viewer)

super.muppy

HSC
can u plz giv me some help with the following question:
Compare and contrast methods of communication of information via a website and from more traditional media.

THNX

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Well you noticed electronic based media can be updated in a split second compared to paper based media which was more static.

Websites have forms, applets and so on while traditional media was mainly in print and it was one-way information delivery and so on ...

Rock On

Hellcat

HSC
Well one you can talk about the methods of digital media in terms of uploading, storage, hardware and software used and who it can reach.

Method two is the use of billoards and posters, more or less the use of pen and paper, again talk about the hardware cost, usage and how it communicates. One would also talk about how effective VS the cost and the reach of audiance.

General it may seem but thats my outline as I sit in IPT getting sidetracked :p but the rest you need to look up, follow something simular to that and you're set :D

P.S If its crit analyse + depending on the worth of the question you may need to add a recconmendation!!

mijoe

HSC
" Well you noticed electronic based media can be updated in a split second compared to paper based media which was more static.

Websites have forms, applets and so on while traditional media was mainly in print and it was one-way information delivery and so on ..."

Generally just expand Forbidden's answer. Method of Communication via a website allow people to be honest more of the time due to anonymity in many cases. They are easily accessible from many locations, even very remote areas in some cases. Websites may use multimedia, allowing a much greater variety of communication methods.

Traditional media was often paper based. It will take up much more physical space than most electronic based media. It is often much less efficient in terms of the fuel costs and manpower needed to put things up/write things up. Sending things such as forms and surveys through mail are often much more costly as compared to opening up a website. It will also be able to automatically store and sort the data.

There's much more I could write but basically, I cbb and you should try thinking of stuff yourself.

P.S Compare and Contrast means similarities and Differences, advantages and disadvantages of each. Don't bother going into anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)