• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP ME RN (1 Viewer)

band6yesplease

HSC
HOW TF DO I STUDY FOR THE UNSW LAT
I'm so confused because everyone says not to even bother studying cause it's an in the moment thing but bruh what how (this is actually facts when they ran the LAT question zoom thing this is all they said)
Help pls

raspberriesandpears

HSC
So I did the LAT last year and I'm doing it again this year - what they mean when it's 'in the moment' is that you literally have two questions that could be on any topic.

Last year one was analysing an argument - we were given an article and had to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the author's argument.
The second question was constructing an argument - we were given a topic and a bunch of stats/sources and we had to craft an argument based on that.

Due to this broad nature of topic it's really hard to prep for it the way you would the HSC, and often you do well without prepping. Last year I went in completely blind and got a 79 (for context, the median score for UNSW entry last year was 74).

What I'm planning to do this year though is just look through some persuasive techniques, à la Year 9 NAPLAN, just to give my first section response some more structure and credibility. I'm not going to do much beyond that, though.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)