• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help Me!! (1 Viewer)

Marieze

HSC
N/A
ok basically i am in DESPERATE need of a good topic for ext!! seriously my teacher is gonna freak when she realises i havent got one yet....altho i have done all the other work so she cant be toooo pissed off....but anyway ill stop talkin to myself now, i have a huge tendancy to do that but u get that.....so yeh any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated!!
thanx heaps!
Love Marieze

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
it kinda depends what area your looking into, ancient, modern or medievel.. pick what area you like, and work from there, think oof things that happened, etc, i'm doing Anne Frank, and that only came across because i wanted to do a femal in history.. i looked into Joan of Arc first, but decided against it.. justr explore different ideas and do a bit of secondary research! good luck :)

Marieze

HSC
N/A
thanx

yeh i know wat u mean but ive been searching for about 2 months and have changed topics around 15 times, its not good i cant decide on anything!!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
marieae, u seem quite desperate, so heres some idea..but really it would be easier if you gave us something do work with like what period of history your interested in!!!!!

but anbyways;

1) The druids of Hollywood: Changing perspectives over time from "Camelot" to "The Druid"

2) The tomb of Alexandria; where is it located?

3) Did Alexandria teh Great discover Pandora's box?

4) Diary of Anne Frank: History or hoax?

5) The fabled city of Troy; Lost or found?

6) Nefertiti and Ankhesesamun: Daughter or disguised Queen?

7) Motzarts death; Sucide or murder?

8) DNA; Crick and Watsons greatest discovery or Greatest theft?

umm yeah thats just some idea..email me or pm me if u need help or clarification

Marieze

HSC
N/A
Howdy

howdy, thanx heaps...ok well if u still wanna help me...im obsessed with anything ancient, and i love medieval, so if that helps!! lol yeh anyway ive been searching the net for aggges mainly under historical controversies, or historian's arguments or stuff like ancient controversies or mysteries, but yeh havent found anything that was worth doin or not on the syllabus!! they took all the intertesting things!! hehe but yeh i reallly like ur pandora's box one, but is that really controversial, i mean are there a lot of historian's views?? im gonna go have a look i think!! thanx sooooo much!!
Love Marieze

Marieze

HSC
N/A
OMG I THINK UVE DONE IT!

hehe ive been searching round the net for a while looking up a few of ur suggestions...and ur mozart one is perdy good......i mean there are a fair few theories....and it would be interesting...now i jsut gotta do a lot of reading...ill get bak to u!! thanx heaps!!!!

Marieze

HSC
N/A
yeh we did Anne Frank in year 8 or 9 english so ive already done a fair bit on her, i didnt think it was that great, i mean very interesting but I persoanlly cudnt do a major work on her, so i admire u!!

Marieze

HSC
N/A
BREAKTHRU!!

ok everyone Marie had a breakthrough at macqaurie uni yest....it wasnt a good one but this doesnt happen very often to me :p:p but ive decided to do the causes of the Thirty Years' War, i found one book that 'inspired' me....and it has around 5 or 6 extended historian's views on the matter......i cud also do the effects and results which seem to differ with every historian as well, so yeh.....i think ive found it!! and yes i know its not ancient...but meh its a topic

Marieze

HSC
N/A
no such luck

ok i showd my teacher everything and she told me it was boring and too heavy and that she knew that i didnt enjoy it and that i was just piking it to hand soemthing in.......so its back to the drawing board for me wich suks suks so i neeeed help!!

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
hey i have a few suggestions for u marie :)
'Why do historians disagree about when to start the "Middle Ages"?' - http://www.rhs.ac.uk/locating.htm

'Historians disagree as to whether the achievements of Charlemagne and his successors can be evaluated as either a success or a failure'

thats all i can think of atm ill cya tomorrow at school :)

ms.cinderella

HSC
it's important for you to do a topic on something you're truly interested in.. cos you'll be spending a lot of time researching on it.. so try to think of any topics or areas of history that interest you most.. you're bound to come across something soon.
good luck!

Emma8701

Dont worry it took me ages 2 think of a topic aswell and i handed in 1 jus 4 da sake of it but my teacher said it sounded 2 confusing so i had 2 think of another 1 on that nyte

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)