Help Me!!! (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

Ive never heard of a management strategies. Do you mean management thories? Or the roles or skills of management?

Last edited by a moderator:

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
i dunno......i think it says.....rite a situational analysis of a bus. providing:
1. a list of problems the bus has in marketing, finance, and employment relations.
2. a discussion of management strategies proposed to solve these problems

sorry i dont actually hav the question wid me. wen i find it i'll post it up here.

G

Gavvvvvin

I think it just means what the business can do to solve the problems, whatever they may be =p

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
okies here is the question in full:

write an appropriatley structured business report to the owners of the company that provides:
- a situational analysis identifying the E.R., marketing, finance probs & opportunities faced by the bus.
- a list and analysis of appropriate management strategies proposed to solve the companys problems as well as take advantage of potential opportunities.
- a justification of management styles and staffing requirements for implementing the proposed strategies.

this is the info given:

An australian mining and diversified resources company has experienced a series of financial booms and busts over the past 30 years and is in danger of being taken over by a transnational company because of its current situation. key issues include:

-> the net profits of the bus. are unpredictable; profits in the past 30 years have ranged from $150 milion ten yrs ago to last yrs net loss of $25 million.

-> the most profitable part operating only 9 month a year due to continued industrial conflicts.

-> the bus. currently has a variety of valuable but poorly perfroming investments and operations around the world that are outside its core bus. function of mining.

-> employees in the large & well est. Aust. col mining division are resisting technology changes that would increase profits but cost jobs.

ok. heres what i needa know: wat it means by management styles (do they mean theories?); what are their opportunities - i cant find ANY!
if any1 can help it would b much appreciated so thanx!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
arent management styles like classical/scientific, behavioural etc. theyre theories, but closest to styles youll get
just use some common sense
and opportunities are advantages
u have to think out of the square, not just the syllabus and the notes youve made off the syllabus. use common sense, and think about other stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)