Help ! Med entry ! (1 Viewer)

kadiojill

HSC
hi guys,

i'm in need of help ASAP ! :confused:

ok i didn't do well in the umat so my dream of doing undergrad med is flushed down the toilet.
the only option i have is james cook uni med (JCU) which does not consider umat.
does anyone know wat ATAR cut-off is required for med ?
my predicted ATAR is 98, so do i have a chance of getting in ? :(

i REALLY REALLY WANT TO DO MED/ dentistry.....but i bombed out in the umat....i really should have studied more :(

also does anyone know about undergraduate dentistry at charles sturt uni (CSU) ?
what is the ATAR cut-off ? since they don't consider the umat either !

THANKS HEAPS GUYS !

any help is APPRECIATED :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
At JCU the application is pretty subjective, the weigh your application against your ATAR, typically it's OP 1 or around 99 for interstaters but it can be as low as the low 90's if your application is extremely good (this is very very rare).

Do you really want to do Med and Dent or either one? I am often confounded by students who either want to do med, dent, optometry, law, etc and don't really care what they do as long as they get into one of the higher order disciplines. Medicine is about the patients experience/journey and yourself being a team leader and player in the management and care of the patient. Whilst in dentistry you are ultimately responsible for people's oral health treatment and care.

I think your old enough and responsible enough to google for this and search BOS and www.medstudentsonline.com.au after all your the one who want's to study med/dent, therefore it's ultimately your responsiblity to find the information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)