• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP!!! MSN messenger7 and WMP10 with Plus!3.5 aren't getting along (1 Viewer)

igetboredeasily

HSC
I've been using the new "What I'm Listening To" feature in MSN (Build 7.0.0816) , I also use Messenger Plus! 3.61.145 , and WMP 10.0.0.3802

I used these together for about 3/4 days, and then suddenly after random amounts of time my PC reboots!!!

I run PCCillin and it's updated so I'm fairly sure it's not a virus, I got everything off the official sights so it's not likely to be dodgey builds, and I'm surte it's an incompatibility as MSN and Plus! seem fine so long as WMP isn't running, and the reverse also applies.

I don't know if anyone else has had the same problem, or if anyone can help, but please gime me any suggestions!!!

P.S. I'm at uni and we're running from behind a dumb ass proxy that doesn't allow msn to send webcam, or fileshareing networks, but other ppl seem to have the feature working so i don't think that's it

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh upgrade to 7.5. You have the latest plus, which is designed to be fully compatible with 7.5.0xxx builds

igetboredeasily

HSC
Thanks, I didn't realise there was a 7.5 ... sure i only downloaded 7.0 3 days ago :s

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
mmm or you coudl just leave the spyware infested plus addon in the bin where it belongs.

D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
DoubleD said:
mmm or you coudl just leave the spyware infested plus addon in the bin where it belongs.

D

Plus has no spyware. An OPTIONAL adware program yes. But you can choose not to install it. If you dont install that, there is nothing wrong with it. Leave your ignorance in the bin. :)

igetboredeasily

HSC
Umm, It's happening again...

I upgraded MSN but now it reboots as soon as i open WMP

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)