HELP!!!! Music cannot run next year but i really want to do it for yr 11 (1 Viewer)

ZeeZee3

HSC
Yea i really need some help here. We had our prelims subject selection and one of my subjects i chose was music. However, only 2 other people chose music and seeing as my school PREFERS to use our music teacher to teach physics, they are cancelling it for next year but I really really really want to study it for and do it for HSC. I talked to both deputy principals of my school and they were like, I cant help you blah blah. I talked to my music teacher and he wanted to have a yr 11 music class as well and says it would be a shame if are not allowed to do it. The other option is for me to accelerate to yr 12 music for next year but that might have timetable clashes. What should i do?......

Help very much appreciated and thanks.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If you really want to do music, there's always a way. Outside school doing it, distance ed (which your teacher might help you with) or even the teacher might be nice enough to have a lesson with you a week and you do the rest of the work in your study periods.

LouisaCar

HSC
Distance education if your school allows it & yes if you are lucky and have a delightful music teacher at your school she may be able to help you a bit. Also another way would be to do it through TAFE which would require you going in one afternoon a week...

dest

HSC
Why don't you just do 4 unit maths instead?

Lina3

HSC
Aww, being very eager to do music myself, I totally feel for you. At our school the Music 1 and Music 2 classes are combined so that makes a class of like 10-15 people...there are various other options that have already been discussed so do what feels right for you. If you are outgoing and good at making new friends, then changing schools would be the best option in my opinion. One girl I know changed schools to do sewing , and she felt pretty happy with the decision.

ZeeZee3

HSC
Yea but its not like i can change now, too late now, wished at least 2 more people chose to do music so we can scrape in a class......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)