HELP: need advice on working out and weight gain (1 Viewer)

tommii3

HSC
Heys hows it going, im 17, 188 cm and 73 kg. i want to gain weight and im finding it so freaking hard, i eat like a pig, spend 20 bucks a go at maccas each time, can eat 2 pizzas and occasionally 2 and a half, im a machine when it comes to eating. i play alot of basketball for long long periods at a time so im very lean very little fat. im going to start hitting the gym to tank up, i just want to ask how the hell can i gain around 10 - 15kg and also at the same time build my figure. should i take protein powder and if so what should i take, also how often should i go to the gym. i just need a run down of everything

synthesized

HSC
N/A
im no expert but i did this and gained 13kg in 6 months.

- start with a BIG breakfast, ie 200g bacon, 4 eggs and 4 slices of bread (ie, 2 bacon + egg sandwiches). or if you don't have time, 1 cup of oats mixed with yoghurt.

- eat a multivitamin and 1000mg vitamin c every day.

- eat every 3 hours after breakfast. have big meals high in protein and high quality carbs such as a 425g can tuna with mayo, 400g steak with 1 cup rice, an entire bbq chicken with bread rolls. fatty foods are fine as long as they are on top of your normal diet, ie not a replacement for. try to get at least 230g protein and as much carbs as possible per day.

- have 250g cottage cheese before bed, mixed with something like strawberry yoghurt (yum!).

- have a protein shake after each workout. mix it with 2 tablespoons honey and a banana.

i know it sounds simple but this seriously worked wonders for me.

NinjaSauce

HSC
"spend 20 bucks a go at maccas each time, can eat 2 pizzas and occasionally 2 and a half"

While is it great you are able to gorge yourself, is what you just said an example of how you eat every day?

Eating a little, then gorging once, twice, or three times a week is not the angle you should be going for. You need to eat big, true, but you need to eat big every day, at every meal. And probably add more meals to your day.

There is no such thing as a hardgainer. You're just not eating enough. If it sounds like to much effort for you (remember, once you gain to your desired weight, you'll need to maintain it), then take up golf or something.

tommii3

HSC
synthesized said:
im no expert but i did this and gained 13kg in 6 months.

- start with a BIG breakfast, ie 200g bacon, 4 eggs and 4 slices of bread (ie, 2 bacon + egg sandwiches). or if you don't have time, 1 cup of oats mixed with yoghurt.

- eat a multivitamin and 1000mg vitamin c every day.

- eat every 3 hours after breakfast. have big meals high in protein and high quality carbs such as a 425g can tuna with mayo, 400g steak with 1 cup rice, an entire bbq chicken with bread rolls. fatty foods are fine as long as they are on top of your normal diet, ie not a replacement for. try to get at least 230g protein and as much carbs as possible per day.

- have 250g cottage cheese before bed, mixed with something like strawberry yoghurt (yum!).

- have a protein shake after each workout. mix it with 2 tablespoons honey and a banana.

i know it sounds simple but this seriously worked wonders for me.
that sounds farrr from simpleee wow i dont think i got that kind of motivation to keep up to that...... sighssss

ive been hitting the gym i eat steak for lunch pretty much every day. and so eat two raw eggs mixed with OJ (hides the taste) after the gym. i guess i gotta start changing my whole diet :(

quik.

HSC
It's not difficult, unless you have a tiny appetite. Just eat. When you think you've eaten a lot, eat some more.

Try and eat good healthy etc as much as you can, but knocking back pizzas etc every now and then isn't gna hurt you.

This is assuming you are lifting with some intensity... if you sit in the corner curling the pink dumbells for an hour you'll probably just get fat.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
yeah, as a basic rule, eat as much as you can to the point where you almost feel sick.

don't just eat 'to keep you going', with EVERY meal stuff yourself to the point where you can't eat any more without throwing up.

also, if you do this make sure you leave at least 2 hrs between your last meal and your workout otherwise you feel like shit during!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)