-- Help Needed Please, HSC 07 Subject Selection help needed!! (1 Viewer)

picklexx

HSC
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice about the course structure etc, for year 12 subjects, I currently take,

Ad. English
Gen. Maths
Legal Studies
Biology
Design & Tech
Society & Culture

i am thinking of dropping either biology or Society, any advice would be great!

Thanks all!! xx

elgordo

HSC
Hi
Depends what you want to do later.
Also if you are good at Biology (or sociology) your score will be better in the hsc.
elgordo:)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Which one do you like better and which one do you do better in, by how much? Those factors would come into play :)

eugenia

HSC
If your the type of person that is better with facts/figures then drop S&C but if your better at open-ended types of things you should drop BIO. Also make sure you compare your marks like everyone has said. Don't forget that your doing D&T which means you will have a major to for that and S&C demands alot of time towards the PIP as well.. Hopefully your not like me and do all your assignments early. Doing two very time consuming subjects will make you stress out as I've seen from friends.
:) Hopefully that helps you - Good luck!
X

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I agree with Airie, it really depends on you, how much you enjoy them and how well you're doing in each. We can't really provide you with any advice seeing as we know nothing about you. What are your marks in both Biology and S&C?

Oh, and you've made 4 threads, all of which are pretty much identical give or take. Perhaps it would be better if you'd just make one next time.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
All fine subjects, whatever ones you decide to do next year, as long as you want to do them and are motivated to do the best you can in. As for biology or society and culture, consider what airie said in her post above.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
ditto of what everyone else said :p
I do biology myself, and I enjoy it, it's probably my favourite subject.

XTREMEDAMAGE820

HSC
N/A
i'm doing Biol and SC atm.. and i find SC SOOO much more interesting and easy.. because it's a lot more opinionated. But i'm keeping both and dropping music.

picklexx

HSC
yea sorry about all the same posts, i couldn't work out how to do it, and then i ended up with like 50 billion saying the same thing, well im scoring in the 60-70% in bio, but i love society (70%) but.. then again i want to do advertising & graphic design, so i reallly need DT for that.. and i dont want my DT to suffer because im doing a SC PIP too... its all just to confusing.. i dont need a UAI, if that makes any difference? i want to go to a private college.. which accepts on the basis of individual marks & portfolio... so yes.. sorry & thanks again for all the advice... xx

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
picklexx said:
yea sorry about all the same posts, i couldn't work out how to do it, and then i ended up with like 50 billion saying the same thing, well im scoring in the 60-70% in bio, but i love society (70%) but.. then again i want to do advertising & graphic design, so i reallly need DT for that.. and i dont want my DT to suffer because im doing a SC PIP too... its all just to confusing.. i dont need a UAI, if that makes any difference? i want to go to a private college.. which accepts on the basis of individual marks & portfolio... so yes.. sorry & thanks again for all the advice... xx
Keep DT since you need it, and drop Biology as you're not doing much better at it than you are at Society & Culture and you prefer the latter. That's what I'd do judging from your post, but ultimately you'd have to make the choice yourself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)