Help Needed Urgently - Locus (1 Viewer)

lilchezza

HSC
what the hell IS a locus? is it just a point? half yrly tomorrow so any help would be very much appreciated :bomb:

Trev

stix
HSC
"In geometry, the set of all points (and only those points) that satisfy certain conditions; these points form a curve or figure. For example, the locus of all points in space one foot from a given point is a sphere having a radius of one foot and having its center at the given point. The locus of all points in a plane one foot from a given point is a circle having a radius of one foot and having its center at the given point." (www.answers.com).

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
Yep, a locus is just a set of points. We usually put constraints on which points to include though.

Another example, the locus of points whose distance from two other fixed points is a line. To see this, put two random points on an xy-plane, the midpoint of the two points is one such point that satisfies the condition.

lilchezza

HSC
Thankyou HEAPS for that, helped heaps, I was just doin questions and going yea but what the hell am I actually finding lolz hopeless, thanx again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)