Help Needed Urgently (1 Viewer)

ToKooL4SkooL

HSC
I have an assignment due at the end of the week and I am totally stuck. I have chosen a case to research and have found some information, but I'm kind of lost on where to begin. The case is Regina v. Bilal Skaf and I have to talk about the facts, jurisdiction, defences used, outcome, legal issues raised, reasons for punishment and whether justice has been achieved.
I really need help guys, do you think you would be able to give me some pointers on how to start?
Thank You

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
theres a heap of info on that case you can find at LIAC- make sure u check out the media files available there too

clerisy

HSC
The facts of the case, defences, outcome and reasons for punishment should all be in the transcript (is that what you call it) for the case, which you should be able to get from austlii. Of course, you may want to plump it out a bit with references to other sources, but you'll get the basic facts straight from the source there.

For legal issues raised and whether justice has been done look at media reports (for community standards and expectations, especially) and also legal documentation.

stressed monkie

im a random
most of what you need can actually be found in reports written about the case which are not that difficult to find if u use a search engine

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Keep in mind that there have been SIGNIFICANT developments with the that trial.
Look at www.smh.com.au for articles regarding the interesting new circumstances.
Appeals are ALWAYS very relevant, you may have picked a substantial case, but you've also picked a very current case. Well done.
All the best for the assessment.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You won't find an official court report on Austlii cos it was a district court case, these cases aren't reported on the net or in printed reports. In fact it is incredibly difficult to find anything on decisions of the district court. You will find yourself relying on media articles and the like. Go through the archives of SMH.

EDIT: Im kind of suprised santa didn't pick that one up, he hasn't been paying attention in LLB100! :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
EDIT: Im kind of suprised santa didn't pick that one up, he hasn't been paying attention in LLB100! :p

:rofl:

no, i havnt.....i still havnt even done the quiz's which are due shortly!!!!!! I've actually been on here in my LLB110 classes :p

santaslayer

HSC
Thats better then the Tasman Dam case some of us had to do......did u eventually do that case Ms 12?......all 300+ pages of it? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)