help needed (1 Viewer)

jemmabb

HSC
ok, so its compulsory to do sum subjects in certain degrees, rite? so for my course i have to do chemistry. but is it possible to withdraw from chem for sem 1? or will the faculty be all "u havent fulfiled course requqirements - failed" bla bla? the plan is that............ i want to delay chem til either nxt year or sem 2, but i dunno if its possible or not. but the main 1 is that im giving this course 1 more semester/yr to see if i realy want to do it (if im brave enuf to sit through chem again) & then might transfer nxt yr (my uai should be gud enuff to transfer to enough courses).

so questions..
1. is it posible to withdraw from a compulsory subject in a course? - im guesing it mite be posible becoz of the online thing? but im guesing it mite not be becoz the course ppl wont alow it and will kick me out or something? lol
2. but then, if i do withdraw and get the "u havent fulfiled.. bla bla" thing, would that jeopardise my transfer thing?
3. if i fail a subject twice-thrice, etc, wud that jeopardise a transfer also? (fukin chem)

then again, i mite withdraw at the end of semester 1 if i realise i dont want to do the course. im just not sure if ive chosen the rite thing. i can jeopardise a few hecs things for sem 1, it doesnt bother me, i just realy dont want to do chem since i can see myself failin it again :p

Empath

HSC
Have you tried sending an email to the science faculty?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jemmabb said:
ok, so its compulsory to do sum subjects in certain degrees, rite? so for my course i have to do chemistry. but is it possible to withdraw from chem for sem 1? or will the faculty be all "u havent fulfiled course requqirements - failed" bla bla? the plan is that............ i want to delay chem til either nxt year or sem 2, but i dunno if its possible or not. but the main 1 is that im giving this course 1 more semester/yr to see if i realy want to do it (if im brave enuf to sit through chem again) & then might transfer nxt yr (my uai should be gud enuff to transfer to enough courses).

so questions..
1. is it posible to withdraw from a compulsory subject in a course? - im guesing it mite be posible becoz of the online thing? but im guesing it mite not be becoz the course ppl wont alow it and will kick me out or something? lol
2. but then, if i do withdraw and get the "u havent fulfiled.. bla bla" thing, would that jeopardise my transfer thing?
3. if i fail a subject twice-thrice, etc, wud that jeopardise a transfer also? (fukin chem)

then again, i mite withdraw at the end of semester 1 if i realise i dont want to do the course. im just not sure if ive chosen the rite thing. i can jeopardise a few hecs things for sem 1, it doesnt bother me, i just realy dont want to do chem since i can see myself failin it again :p
Overloading is harder than underloading is easy. Don't bother.

company_sin

HSC
Firstly: please, write in standard English. You can't possibly tell me it's any easier to write in semi-txt or whatever you call that.

Now, if you're doing a degree which requires you to take units in a certain order, leaving chemistry may cause an issue for you as a few of the more structured degrees build on prerequisites and thus you may find your degree all out-of-wack.

And if you're transferring to something with a higher entry cutoff, all failures are going to affect you for the worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)