help on a CF question (1 Viewer)

gaeko

Question:
Works of Crime fiction can be vehicles for the exploration of ideas other than the crimes at their centre. In fact it is this exploration that often gives the texts their greatest implact

I gotta choose one prescribed text
either:
1) skull beneath the skin
2) anil's ghost
3) Real inspector hound - which can be linked to the mouse trap
4) the Big Sleep

the related text im doing is the falcons malteser by anthony horowitz

Im thinking along the lines of..... write about techniques shown in these texts to represent themes and conventions other than Crime fiction which enhances the actual crime fiction plot...

can anyone give me pointers and essential things i should have in this essay......

Jennibeans

HSC
talk bout the values and attitudes it highlights and other focuses eg in the big sleep the romance factor between marlowe & vivian

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes values and attitudes is what the whole unit is about, however most people fail to realise that.

write about techniques used to show values and attitudes
Originally posted by Jennibeans
talk bout the values and attitudes it highlights and other focuses eg in the big sleep the romance factor between marlowe & vivian
using that - focus / value = love and romance
shown by = e.g. bed between vivienne and marlowe when they are speaking in the first scene

the value of justice is in every crime fiction novel, i can't remember if i used it in the hsc though.

and you have to say why those values / atticutdes have been portrayed the way they have for the audience and the time it was made

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)