HELP on business/commerce major? (1 Viewer)

_rakelt

HSC
Hey everyone,

I am still in first year but I have to pick my major soon : / Not really sure what to pick..

My parents wanted me to do accounting or finance. Although I did a fundamental subject for accounting and I absolutely fkn hate it and think its super tedious... Finance is the other option but I'm not very bright in maths tbh.

I wanted to do something like advertising/marketing communications because it sounds interesting,,BUT I feel like there isn't alot of employment prospects or opportunities compared to finance or accounting.

Other majors offerred include:
- economics
- management
- international business
- HR management
- marketing
- marketing/advertising communications (as discussed)
- accounting (as discussed)
- finance (as discussed).

Any input is helpful! Thanks : )

studiesofboard

HSC
However, you can't pick a course because it pays well you actually have to like it. You said you were interested in marketing/advertising communication so go for it. Also, no math required however, the rest do im pretty sure :)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
However, you can't pick a course because it pays well you actually have to like it. You said you were interested in marketing/advertising communication so go for it. Also, no math required however, the rest do im pretty sure :)
"Choose a job you like and you'll never have to work a day in your life." :)

Also, miners get paid REALLY well... do I want to do mining? HELL NO!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh, choose a major you are interested in.

Unless you are obtaining a separate qualification or fulfilling pre-reqs it makes very little difference when you graduate.

Go for the desirable skills such as proficiency in data, problem solving and negotiation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)