• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help on just a FEW things.. =] thx. (1 Viewer)

lilchip12

HSC
alrite... time to start some studying.. well.. im askin help how to study... see... i got my half yearlys coming up... anyway... first day back of term!

im doing English Standard + Fundelmentals of ENglish and i dont have a clue wat to study for them.... so far... for english stand.. my high mark is like.. B- ... like omg.. last year i was ripping it .. cause uaually in year 10 and below.. i just made up my answers for most of my subs.. and got top.. like near top.. now im trying to do that.. and getting totally ruined =( .... so any pointrers for both eng and fundy?

alrite.. next im doing... Maths Ext 1.. and thats screwin me up too.. lol... its just.. pratically everything i learnt so far... absolute values... t-reuslts... 3d trig.. all the new things from last year are killing me.. like if i get simples questyions.. fine they easy.. but if u change it abit.. and add soemthing a tad harder.. ill be lost.. and i bet u in my half yearlys... they gonna do that.. so yea.. hopin.. any help me wit some "u definately gotta know this" kinda thing?? get me?

dam.. im typing alot... shows my desperation... sorry about the "..." its my habit when im thinknig while typing.. i think this is abit long. anyway... ill make it quik..

alrite.. next big problem.. economics.... no offence my tteacher is a..... anyway.. he is really bad... he has to ask other teachers during class time to clarify things.. i dont get the terms in eco.. and the formulas.. so confusing.. how to calculate oopuruntiy cost...and those graph thigsn... theres heaps more but i need to shroten this...

next is chemistry.... i got 2 teachers.. 1 is a good teacher.. i swear his good.. but the next is a student teacher.. and no offence... he cant really talk properly.. or hear properly.. and i remember.. how he just got through one page of a text book.. in 80mins... (thats how lnog 1 period goes for). .. so yea.. chem isnot much of a problem.. just alot to rember...

finally... physics... my big problem.. is VECTORS.. and calculating them.. thats the crazy hard stuff..like addin and subtracting vectors.. u know wat i mean?? thats abit it.. physics. i actuially enjoy.. thus... im srota good at it.. actually got a B+ .. im proud.. highest mark ever... i.e in year 11..

well... in the end... i do eng stand.. fundel of english...maths ex1...economies.. chemistry... and phsyics.... if ANYone can help me.. plz PM me.. preferablly BEfore start of term 2.. cause of my exams... thanks in advance

THANKS

chips.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
For maths, just know everything that you have been taught so far, especially the topics that you know that are in the exam. There wouldn't be much to remember as such in maths, but you need to know how to manipulate the equations and formulae to get your answer. That's why you should do many questions on that particular topic from a variety of sources, so that you know how to do those type of questions.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You should try searching the forums for threads with study tips. I found this and this, which I hope you find useful.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Someone's flustered.

If you have them, read your Physics textbook. Everything should be in there in relation to calculating vectors, including those lame questions about velocity e.g. "How fast was the ball rolling after 2 seconds?"...etc, etc...

Judging from your post, all you really need to do is revise your work constantly until your exams. Do revision exercises in your Maths textbook.

Can you ask a friend for help?

You'll be fine stop being a stresshead :).

lilchip12

HSC
lol... yea.. i suppose.. just revise.. nah.. im jsut scared... cause.. recently ive been doing bad.. and i dont wanan fail.. i havent failed yet.. thanks people.. =] ...thanks for bothering :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol.

For english, i am in the same boat as you..
bs'd my way through highschool in english without proper teachers... now im regretting it. althoguh, im striking back by writing practise essays and bothering my teachers! :)

for 3u : buy the excel fast track book that has worked solutions. BEST.BOOK.EVERy for 3u!!
although, it is brief in some areas.. that's where other books come into play such as : fitzpatrick, etc. !!

just keep on practising for physics. practise practise practise!!
coz in yr 12 .. YOU.WILL.HATE projectile motion!
i know i do!!
and a quesiton on projectile motion comes in nearly every hsc exam!!

if you need help, just pm me or whatever and i'll try to help!!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
lol without proper teachers, how does that work?
i guess that's like at your school ay alan? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)