Help on Spartan Funerary customs and rituals (1 Viewer)

lootz

HSC
my teacher gave us an assignment and I need to write 2 essays on Spartan funerary practises. I cant find alot of information and if anyone can help me that would be wonderful:bomb: my assignment is due on Thursday March 15th and i know its not alot of time but im dessperate!!!!! even if the information comes after my due date that would be fantastic.
thanks

cl3nta

HSC
damn I remembered doing some very extensive notes so i went to find them and after reading the title (everyday life in republican times - death and burial, tombs and graves) have to say goodluck :)

try searching the forums. The internet is pretty bad for this so you'll have to get into a library somewhere near and get info from there. At least you have the next 3 days to do it :)

lootz

HSC
I tried one library im going to 2 more tomorrow but i have had not much luck but thanks

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
Why would you need to write TWO essays? It isn't even the format of the HSC.

But anyway, if you have to write that much discuss religion (beliefs, practices, organisation, buildings) first and relate it all to how it influenced funerary practices. In terms of funerary customs as far as i can remember women who died during childbirth and the kings need special attention. And i think the hyakinthia festival involved mourning. You should be able to pull one good lengthy essay out of that, including sources and 'extra' info on women and the kings.

lootz

HSC
adrenaline rush said:
Why would you need to write TWO essays? It isn't even the format of the HSC.
I have to write a report on how they buried different people. we all got a different topic to write about and that was mine. we are making sort of summery notes for the rest of the class. My second essay is on archaeological sources and written sources to prove the information that i have.

adrenaline rush

Schoolies 1-18/Dec/06
HSC
lootz said:
I have to write a report on how they buried different people. we all got a different topic to write about and that was mine. we are making sort of summery notes for the rest of the class. My second essay is on archaeological sources and written sources to prove the information that i have.
Fair enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)