HELP! ORT for Physical Journeys - The pursuit of happYness (1 Viewer)

godgiven

HSC
i decided to use "The pursuit of happYness" for my ORT for physical journeys. does anyone have any advice on how to relate this with physical journeys? how do i focus on how the composer creates meaning within the character's physical journeys thru differrent techniques?

My perscribed texts are: Prose Fiction by Mark Twain: The adventures of huckleberry finn
from the journey stimulus booklet: The Road not Taken - Robert Frost
OTR: "The pursuit of happYness" (the one with will smith playing chris gardneer)

please please please help.

i basically have no one to turn to. i am the only standard english student in my school and in my year 12 class. its cus i live in jakarta, indonesia doing the hsc and the rest of the yr 12 students are doing ESL. im the only one who will be sitting for the final hsc ALONE.

ur help will help this girl succeed. HELLLLPPPPP, pretty please :(

pyrosis

HSC
well i did the skrznecki poems as my prescribed texts but u culd relate it to the road not taken of the importance of making decisions. in this case negitive decisions. as with the pursuit of happyness chris uses up hes life savings 2 buy the bone density machines and lives in the regret of doing so. u culd say that this is compaired to the poem by the words "i shall be telling this with a sigh..." indicating the same sort of regret. like the road not taken chris is faced with decisions/ obscules (he seems to b always running out of time) that he needs 2 overcome.

godgiven

HSC
pyrosis said:
well i did the skrznecki poems as my prescribed texts but u culd relate it to the road not taken of the importance of making decisions. in this case negitive decisions. as with the pursuit of happyness chris uses up hes life savings 2 buy the bone density machines and lives in the regret of doing so. u culd say that this is compaired to the poem by the words "i shall be telling this with a sigh..." indicating the same sort of regret. like the road not taken chris is faced with decisions/ obscules (he seems to b always running out of time) that he needs 2 overcome.
Pyrosis, i love you! i just read ur reply today and it has shed so much light. thank you :)

mrnickb

HSC
i know its the morning before the exam but you can talk about the music and how it sets the mood and any camera techniques? i havnt seen the movie since it came out so i can really remember sorry, good luck, in 2 hours exactly my exam starts GAHH

siamak

HSC
hey im doin pursuit of happyness too 4 my realated text. thanx alot 4 the advise

godgiven

HSC
godgiven said:
i decided to use "The pursuit of happYness" for my ORT for physical journeys. does anyone have any advice on how to relate this with physical journeys? how do i focus on how the composer creates meaning within the character's physical journeys thru differrent techniques?

My perscribed texts are: Prose Fiction by Mark Twain: The adventures of huckleberry finn
from the journey stimulus booklet: The Road not Taken - Robert Frost
OTR: "The pursuit of happYness" (the one with will smith playing chris gardneer)

please please please help.

i basically have no one to turn to. i am the only standard english student in my school and in my year 12 class. its cus i live in jakarta, indonesia doing the hsc and the rest of the yr 12 students are doing ESL. im the only one who will be sitting for the final hsc ALONE.

ur help will help this girl succeed. HELLLLPPPPP, pretty please :(

haha whoa. im finally done with the hsc's. i wonder if this thread grows in a couple of years. if anyone is still reading this thread/posts, my english was a 78. not as good as i hoped it would be... dammit. but ahh well, i still love english. i remembered i tend to get really nervous in my written examinations... but i finished right on time :) chugged 2 red bulls before Paper one of the english exam. haha.

well heres to the new hsc generation. may u all chug caffeine and consistently do great in the future.

PS. just use 'forrest gump' as an ORT. its sooooo much better and easier to elaborate on. TRUST ME. i would have done it but i thought about it last minute and i didnt prep well enough for it so at the end i just did 'pursuit of happyness'... probably could have done better with 'forrest gump'.

oh well.

luck u guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)