HELP PLEASE! Accounting Course (1 Viewer)

melllyy

HSC
Hi, I just finished the HSC and applied for the accounting course at UWS. Is the course good? And im confused as to why other universities have their uai as being higher? is that because they do different things or are they all the same?

melllyy

HSC
oh ok, so it doesnt mean that if i get offered a place i will be learning less? so t

melllyy

HSC
oh ok, so it doesnt mean that if i get offered a place i will be learning less?

melllyy

HSC
oh ok, so it doesnt mean that if i get offered a place i will be learning less? so they are all the same

klh

HSC
triple post dear.

And no, you will learn the same thing, and do you think CPA or the ICAA would acredit the course if it didnt meet the standards?

As Natstar said, UAI's are based on course demand, and if you compare parramatta' uai is usually higher than other campuses due to its vicinity. Other unis are due to reputation and other factors such as friends, student life, the city, personal beliefs etc.
You need to know its still a uni, offering university level courses, to award you a degree. Also that different unis emphasise different balances between theory and practice, e.g. UTS is a bit more practical.

Whether it is good? I dont know, Ive only done 1 accounting subject but I went well in in and I like it, so that may be bias. Wait for another UWS accounting student or go and find out on the UWS decision Day on Jan 2 at the parramatta campus [more info here http://apps.uws.edu.au/media/news/index.phtml?act=view&story_id=1803
adn you can ask the lecturers/students yourself.

hope it helps

tubtub

HSC
i do accounting at uws, pm me if u have any q's. :)

HSC
yeahh...

SAME.. with my UAI .. it will probally get me into Campelltown and Blacktown..

* prays that parra, goes down by 8 UAI! // *

but which one would be more ideal and its ... which campuses have better teachers and facilites? hehe.. oh and i'll be coming from Epping so yeah!

and would UWS be better than ACU?

cheers.

klh

HSC
Your asking questions where answers can be biased, with the whic uni is better.

About facilities, the main business campus is parramatta, but campbelltown and blacktown have equal facilites, and if you cant find a book at one campus, you can get it form another and theyll deliver it to you in a few days or so. Since lecturers may teach at a few or all campuses, thats irrelevant, and most of the lecturers are good. Sometimes, some units will vary within itself across teh campuses e.g. type and due date of assesments [rare].
Its up to you which campus you like, many like parra due to its view for the river, close to parra shops/malls, but if i could change, campbelltown is quite nice in itsself, and i dont knwo anything abotu blacktown to comment.

ACU, i do not know, you best be going to the open days in january to have a taste of the uni lifestyle at each uni.

wakeywakey

HSC
N/A
I've just completed and passed my first semester of accounting at UWS Parra. I did four units, one unit was poorly executed and the remainding three units ranged from 'okay' to 'very good', based on my own experience, as well as my friends.

The accounting course at UWS, once completed, will satisfy the requirements to apply for the CPA and CA programs, so, no problems there. Of course, each university will differ in the material they teach, but I think that UWS students are on the right track, in terms of accounting content, as it has been approved (like USyd, UNSW, UTS and Macq) by CPA Australia and ICAA, the two leading Australian accounting organisations.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Based on a student whom almost completed the majority of the accounting units. I can say the very least that, UWS Accounting is recognised by the accounting bodies. I can agree with wakeywakey that some units are poorly executed like the Accountant as a Consultant, APT. Overall the material covered is somewhat similar to other universities. If you do well in this course, you can succeed just like any other student in any other uni.

UAI cutoffs is based on demand as natstar said, and saying so it only means that most students prefer choosing the course at the other so-called better unis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)