HELP PLEASE! Related texts (1 Viewer)

katie2261

HSC
Hi :)
I am hoping someone can help me. I know the information is already somewhere on this site but I have no idea how to find my way around!
I am studying Physical Journeys, and need to find at least 2 related texts to either Wind in The Willows extract or The Road Not Taken ~ Robert Frost.
I need to find them by Monday and I am completely out of ideas. I thought of Rabbit Proof Fence, Shrek or Titanic but they are either already being used or not suitable.
Please help! Or direct me to where I can find these if I have posted in the wrong area.
Thankyou!

ETA: If possible, not novels either. I won't have the time to read them (I only have the weekend). So if possible songs, poems or films :)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
katie2261 said:
Hi :)
I am hoping someone can help me. I know the information is already somewhere on this site but I have no idea how to find my way around!
I am studying Physical Journeys, and need to find at least 2 related texts to either Wind in The Willows extract or The Road Not Taken ~ Robert Frost.
I need to find them by Monday and I am completely out of ideas. I thought of Rabbit Proof Fence, Shrek or Titanic but they are either already being used or not suitable.
Please help! Or direct me to where I can find these if I have posted in the wrong area.
Thankyou!

ETA: If possible, not novels either. I won't have the time to read them (I only have the weekend). So if possible songs, poems or films :)
How's "Finding Nemo"?

katie2261

HSC
Hmm, that could work :) Will have to look into it.
Thanks!

emilybrown

HSC
i wouldn't use a common movie because everyone will use it.
there are movies such as:
'The story of Anne Frank' which is about a girl who is sent to immigration camps. it is also a book
'The notbook"
'The wizard of oz'

Bardo5879

HSC
I wouldn't use finding Nemo. Yes its a physical journey, but the depth of it is very shallow and child-like. We were advised against it... strongly...

Songs with physical journeys.... umm... Drive by Incubus?

Good luck with it...

Telisha

HSC
Hey, Lord of The rings is a great text...the play away by Michael Gow is good too.

BaCC 07~~
HSC
I used a feature article, “The Road that must be taken” by M Akbar, Times magazine [19th June, 2004]

Sonar Heimm

HSC
mondoske said:
what the hell is lord of the rings??
Don't you remember that huge trilogy of movies that came out over 2001, 2002, and 2003?
Or the novel by JRR Tolkien?

Sonar Heimm

HSC
I am thinking of Using War of the Worlds by Stephen Spielberg, that's a deffinate, but I keep thinking of using the novel Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I am trying to find a text that is not a film, and can be studied in at most a day.
Just posting this may be helping me already tho.

jason21

HSC
even though im not doing it, i thought 'The Terminal' would be a good film as a related text for journey because it explores the physical journey of his travels to New York as well as his Inner journey with getting that last signature. It has all aspects of a journey; a goal, obstacles, and overcoming it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)